hi everyone, a newbie in Andover

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Eager2bSmaller, 22 Aug 2012.

1. Eager2bSmaller

Eager2bSmaller Active Member

Hi there,

I have only just moved to Andover, and am only just starting to get into cycling, so any ideas on "easy" routes, general hints an tips would be welcomed

TTFN

2. Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph" A kilogrammicaly challenged woman Moderator

:welcome: to CChat! Great username :laugh:

3. PhilMag

PhilMag Regular

Hi,

I'm from Andover too (and only just joined here).

What do you ride at the moment as some routes wouldn't be suitable for a road bike and vice versa...

Phil

4. OP
    OP
    Eager2bSmaller

Hi Phil, it is road routes that I am looking for really. I have just got a new specialized hybrid, and am looking for routes to get some strength in my legs, as I want to be able to do the 12 miles(ish) to work eventually.

How about you? What do you ride?

Rgds

Martin

5. PhilMag

PhilMag Regular

At the moment mainly a Carrera (mtv based) hybrid and when I can the Bianchi gets a go. Are you central Andover?

6. Boon 51

Boon 51 Veteran

Hello from me over here... :smile:

7. OP
    OP
    Eager2bSmaller

Hello over there. I was in your neck of the woods in April.
    Had a week in Nerja, so flew into Malaga. Had great weather and too indulgence lol

8. OP
    OP
    Eager2bSmaller

I live near the Drove, so not central. But it is not a big place :rolleyes:

WHat does mtv based mean?

9. OP
    OP
    Eager2bSmaller

The username tells the main story I want to get on my bike.
    I also want to be able to cycle to work, but that is in an attempt to get smaller too

Pat "5mph" likes this.
  10. PhilMag

PhilMag Regular

Typo on my part, should have been MTB (Mountain Bike).

I'd call The Drove pretty central, I was meaning if you were in one of the outlying villages.

11. PhilMag

PhilMag Regular

Hello again.

Going back to the start of your post I've tweeked one of my routes that I use on occasion. A little over 5.5 miles, I've set the start/finish at Eardley Road. It's generally flat, the road out through Penton is nice and quiet, and on the back in from Weyhill to Portway is a cycle path (tarmac).

<iframe src="http://www.endomondo.com/embed/routes?id=84731198&width=900&height=600" width="900" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" ></iframe>

12. Nihal

Nihal Veteran

You havent heard of MTV:ohmy:

:welcome: to the forums Eager2bSmaller

13. Berties

Berties Fast and careful!

from your route on endamondo there are loads of branch offs down monxton road,i quite often ride this area,going through the wallops,grately village,abbots anne,danbury rings,stockbridge then home via houghton,some dam good riding in this area as you builld on the miles:bicycle:

14. OP
    OP
    Eager2bSmaller

Thanks Phil, I will give that a go. I know where the start goes, I have been cycling upto the roundabout by the rugby and back. It is a hill to me, although some would brobaly call it a slight incline. But I get to the roundabout, and I can feel it getting easier. So I am imporving I think.

15. PhilMag

PhilMag Regular

That's why I thought that I'd post that because it is a nice little loop to start with, which can be extended to suit.

Bertie, are you on Endo?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice