hi everyone, a newbie in Andover

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Eager2bSmaller

Hi there,

I have only just moved to Andover, and am only just starting to get into cycling, so any ideas on "easy" routes, general hints an tips would be welcomed

TTFN

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
:welcome: to CChat! Great username :laugh:

PhilMag

Regular
Hi,

I'm from Andover too (and only just joined here).

What do you ride at the moment as some routes wouldn't be suitable for a road bike and vice versa...

Phil

OP
OP
Eager2bSmaller

Eager2bSmaller

Hi,

I'm from Andover too (and only just joined here).

What do you ride at the moment as some routes wouldn't be suitable for a road bike and vice versa...

Phil

Hi Phil, it is road routes that I am looking for really. I have just got a new specialized hybrid, and am looking for routes to get some strength in my legs, as I want to be able to do the 12 miles(ish) to work eventually.

How about you? What do you ride?

Rgds

Martin

OP
OP
Eager2bSmaller

Eager2bSmaller

:welcome: to CChat! Great username :laugh:
The username tells the main story I want to get on my bike.
I also want to be able to cycle to work, but that is in an attempt to get smaller too

PhilMag

Regular
Hello again.

Going back to the start of your post I've tweeked one of my routes that I use on occasion. A little over 5.5 miles, I've set the start/finish at Eardley Road. It's generally flat, the road out through Penton is nice and quiet, and on the back in from Weyhill to Portway is a cycle path (tarmac).

<iframe src="http://www.endomondo.com/embed/routes?id=84731198&width=900&height=600" width="900" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" ></iframe>

Berties

Fast and careful!
Hello again.

Going back to the start of your post I've tweeked one of my routes that I use on occasion. A little over 5.5 miles, I've set the start/finish at Eardley Road. It's generally flat, the road out through Penton is nice and quiet, and on the back in from Weyhill to Portway is a cycle path (tarmac).

<iframe src="http://www.endomondo.com/embed/routes?id=84731198&width=900&height=600" width="900" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" ></iframe>

from your route on endamondo there are loads of branch offs down monxton road,i quite often ride this area,going through the wallops,grately village,abbots anne,danbury rings,stockbridge then home via houghton,some dam good riding in this area as you builld on the miles:bicycle:

OP
OP
Eager2bSmaller

Eager2bSmaller

Hello again.

Thanks Phil, I will give that a go. I know where the start goes, I have been cycling upto the roundabout by the rugby and back. It is a hill to me, although some would brobaly call it a slight incline. But I get to the roundabout, and I can feel it getting easier. So I am imporving I think.

PhilMag

Regular
from your route on endamondo there are loads of branch offs down monxton road,i quite often ride this area,going through the wallops,grately village,abbots anne,danbury rings,stockbridge then home via houghton,some dam good riding in this area as you builld on the miles:bicycle:

That's why I thought that I'd post that because it is a nice little loop to start with, which can be extended to suit.

Bertie, are you on Endo?

Top Bottom