hi everyone, a newbie in Andover

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PhilMag

Regular
I
Yes behind the bike shed it is. :biggrin:

My phone is a HTC sensation xe. I have had issues with it, and am just trying a new sim. Hopefully it will get better.

I am away this weekend, but would love to get a ride arranged next week if possible :smile:

I run the same phone (o2) but before I set off I always make sure the GPS symbol (little radar dish) at the top of the screen is constant, as if it is flashing it hasn't locked on yet.

OP
OP
Eager2bSmaller

Eager2bSmaller

Welcome Eager2BSmaller (great name!).

Just wanted to give you some encouragement - I'm what you would politely call "larger than your average cyclist" and have perservered with the cycling, even though I still can't compete with my OH and our friends. But I am smaller than I was and much fitter than I was.

Just keep turning the pedals, go at your pace (which will improve faster than you think) and before you know it you will be thinking that ride is "only" 30 mles :thumbsup:

Thanks for the encouragement Anne. I know there will be times when I need a kick up the backside more than kind words, but I happy with kind words just now. I do want to get to the point where I am strong enough not notice the miles go by, and I know that will only come with cycling more.

The pedals keep getting turned, even very slowly in the easiest gear if needs be. I am trying to live by the cycling philosophy told to me from a friend, namely PUP, "pedal you pedestrian", although I am pretty sure he changed the last word.

I just keep em turning, and I get somewhere, and when I am in a state where I can perform what I need to do afterwards, I will be cycling to work :bicycle:

AnneW

Über Member
I'm pretty good at delivering a kick up the backside too :laugh:

I'll remember PUP as I'm getting my fitness levels up (I'll fill in the last "P" as appropriate to my state).

Look forward to you posting about your first cycle commute :thumbsup:

Top Bottom