Hi from castleford

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
David L

David L

Über Member
hi david, where abouts in cas are you,i am on queens park drive , airedale . me and 2 mates usually go out 3 times a week tuesday and thursday nights 5.30pm about 20-25 miles then saturday mornings about 9 o,clock for about 35- 50 miles ,trying to build up to 100 miles a week.got a few challenges for this year - prince of wales hospice (60)miles , castleford to skipton on the canal,then on the road to paterley bridge then home camping over the week-end, hadrians cycleway over a week-end ,and liverpool to leeds 127 miles on the canal in a day so we are in training.your wecome to join in with us on any of our training rides or challenges.

Im just round the corner at graham drive off fryston rd,

Would love to join you on one of yor rides, what routes do you normally ride?

samfromcas

Regular
Im just round the corner at graham drive off fryston rd,

Would love to join you on one of yor rides, what routes do you normally ride?
lately we have been going from our house up the panel to aberford turn left to garforth then back 22-25 depending long or short way ,on tues and thurs saturday either aride of about 25 miles with a cyling club from knottingley then maybe a few miles more before we come home , or we just make ourselves a route up and ride till about 2 ish with a cafe stop some were.your welcome to join us tomorro at 9 am if you want ,might be a steady one as i im just getting over some bug , but hope to be ok.

OP
OP
David L

David L

Über Member
lately we have been going from our house up the panel to aberford turn left to garforth then back 22-25 depending long or short way ,on tues and thurs saturday either aride of about 25 miles with a cyling club from knottingley then maybe a few miles more before we come home , or we just make ourselves a route up and ride till about 2 ish with a cafe stop some were.your welcome to join us tomorro at 9 am if you want ,might be a steady one as i im just getting over some bug , but hope to be ok.

Hi working today or I would have ^_^, sounds like good rides, would prob join you thursday night if you go, what sort of speeds do you do, wouldnt want to be a drag.. :bicycle:

200+ is that normal for the weekly parkrun or was a event on??

Yes, 200+ runners is a regular occurance now!!!!

It's; once round the Lake - full lap of the Race-Course (on camera car track) - another lap of the :Lake
http://www.parkrun.org.uk/pontefract/course/

Eg;
Todays event (# '137') saw 269
Sat 4th (# '136') = 238
Wed 1st Jan (# '135') = 223
Sat 28th (# '134') = 207)

I ran the very first one (7th May 2011 @ 5th/42) when it was a trial to check the course

And where did you get to on the bike??
Not far at all, just into Wakefield, to buy some new road-running shoes from 'Up & Running', then just a short potter back round Denby Dale Road, Calder Grove, Crigglestone, Painthorpe, round the back of NewMIllerDam, & home via Agbrigg & Heath Common.

Far enough, as I'd not had breakfast before the run, & was almost straight back out on bike

samfromcas

Regular
Hi working today or I would have ^_^, sounds like good rides, would prob join you thursday night if you go, what sort of speeds do you do, wouldnt want to be a drag.. :bicycle:
hi david,your welcome to join us on thursday if you want we probably only do about 12-13 mph average over the trip, pete waits for me at the top of hills then we both wait for ray so we can just have a steady ride and see how you go. number 42 q p d at 5.30 thurs if you want.

OP
OP
David L

David L

Über Member
hi david,your welcome to join us on thursday if you want we probably only do about 12-13 mph average over the trip, pete waits for me at the top of hills then we both wait for ray so we can just have a steady ride and see how you go. number 42 q p d at 5.30 thurs if you want.

Yea that sounds great will see you then then :biggrin:

Bet you was ready for sme food when you got back then. :hungry:
Yes, I was, had a rather large bowl of Porridge (with mixed fruit) when I got back in from ride)

I would have been interested too, when on either early-turns, or when Days-Off fall on Thursdays, however it's club-runs/training nights commencing @ 19:00 on Tuesday & Thursdays

I'll be off out on the Ribble shortly

Was over in Pontefract Park earlier (09:00 start) for the ParkRun, with 200+ other idiots!!

'Ditto' this morning, with 266 finshers, from age 10(?) to 82 (Ken, one of our members)

Had a couple of very steady hours round Ryhill, Notton, Staincross, etc on the Ribble

Quite damp & cool

Last edited:
Tomorrow, I might be out & about in the late morning - not '100% certain yet'

If I do, it'll probably be (roughly) via;
Castleford > Barnsdale Road > 'Allerton crossroads' > Mary Pannall > Peckfield Bar > Aberford > Lotherton Hall > Saxton > Sherburn-in-Elmet
Cuppa tea here; http://www.squires-cafe.co.uk/index.asp

Then back via; South Milford > Hillam (possibly???), Brotherton > FerryBridge > Glasshoughton

Edit @ 11:02
Towton, changed to Saxton

Last edited:
OP
OP
David L

David L

Über Member
Tomorrow, I might be out & about in the late morning - not '100% certain yet'

If I do, it'll probably be (roughly) via;
Castleford > Barnsdale Road > 'Allerton crossroads' > Mary Pannall > Peckfield Bar > Aberford > Lotherton Hall > Saxton > Sherburn-in-Elmet
Cuppa tea here; http://www.squires-cafe.co.uk/index.asp

Then back via; South Milford > Hillam (possibly???), Brotherton > FerryBridge > Glasshoughton

Edit @ 11:02
Towton, changed to Saxton

Sounds like a nice ride, ive been to squires a couple of times for a coffee,

I would have joined you but got daughter at hospital at 11:00

Going to try and get out early morning and go towards abeford continue up to a64 back through berwick Garforth castleford and home,

Going on a ride with sam on thursday evning (17:30) could always join us if your free

Top Bottom