Hi from Edinburgh

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
:hello: Atara - :welcome: to CycleChat and :welcome: back to :cycle: !

There are quite a few of us in Embra B). If you can give us an idea of the area of the city in which you live, we could be more specific on LBS.

A really great way of meeting some of us, getting fit, having a laugh and not needing to worry about being slow :blush:, is to come along to one of our CC Ecosse Forum rides. Put the wean in a cycle seat, come along and have some fun !

You really do not need to worry about hills, being last, being slow etc. We have all been there, done that (except HLaB - he just gets us lost :ohmy:) - yet we are still welcomed back :wahhey:.

OP
OP
A

Atara

Ah yes a seat for the wee guy, I'll need to get one at some point, though I don't know if I'd brave the roads with him in one.

I did a wee 9 mile cycle last night to test my Dads old bike after it had a quick spruce up at Leslie Bike shop and it was lovely, except for the seat which my ass is not thanking me for today.

Oh and I live in Davidsons Mains

Ravenbait

Someone's imaginary friend
You're just up the road from me then, Atara. I'm currently riding my Orbit Harrier because the fixie's off the road throwing a hissy fit, so if you see a woman with red hair belting past on a black and silver tourer, wave.

Incidentally, Edinburgh Bike Co-op won't take Cyclescheme vouchers, although the Bike Chain on Rodney Street will, and I think your most local LBS will be either Alpine Bikes in Stockbridge or Leith Cycle Company on Leith Walk.

Sam

Ranger

You're just up the road from me then, Atara. I'm currently riding my Orbit Harrier because the fixie's off the road throwing a hissy fit, so if you see a woman with red hair belting past on a black and silver tourer, wave.

Incidentally, Edinburgh Bike Co-op won't take Cyclescheme vouchers, although the Bike Chain on Rodney Street will, and I think your most local LBS will be either Alpine Bikes in Stockbridge or Leith Cycle Company on Leith Walk.

Sam

I come past every day as well on my way to work, (not exactly belting past on a blue and black Giant) so if you want some moral support on the commutes give me a shout

OP
OP
A

Atara

:biggrin: I like this place already.

I'm not going to be commuting yet as I'm not confident on the roads, i work at near the Gyle, my husband fortunately for him works at the opposite end of the cycle path.

Infact I wonder if the nice bunch who stopped to help him when the chain went all wrong on the Raleigh last week where members here?

I shall be on the cycle path that's near me at silverknowes and leads to leith or south a few night a week - I'll definately be branching out soon and finding more routes, might even join in on a group event :biggrin:

edindave

Über Member
:biggrin: I like this place already.

I'm not going to be commuting yet as I'm not confident on the roads, i work at near the Gyle, my husband fortunately for him works at the opposite end of the cycle path.

Infact I wonder if the nice bunch who stopped to help him when the chain went all wrong on the Raleigh last week where members here?

I shall be on the cycle path that's near me at silverknowes and leads to leith or south a few night a week - I'll definately be branching out soon and finding more routes, might even join in on a group event :biggrin:

Hi Atara :smile: saw your hello on my hello thread :smile:

"Hello back!" :hello:

I passed through Silverknowes this evening... in fact almost every evening Mon-Fri after work I tend to do a wee loop to Cramond ending up in Newhaven where I live - just to get a bit of exercise. I only have a 2.5 mile commute each way into the New Town which is barely a warm up.

Tonight was my anti-clockwise loop so it was up the hill from the Tea Rooms on the promenade, past the golf course through Silverknowes onto the cycle path. That hill gets the heart rate up!

Maybe see you out there soon!

BTW I got a Boardman Hybrid two months ago and love it. Halfords are crap though... they will never see it again - I just did a cycle maintenance course in Edinburgh Bike Coop so I'll be doing my own!
I was also tied to Halfords through work - maybe we work for the same company ;)
But saying that, I did look around at other places/bikes and the Boardman is still the one I would have gone for.

Take care,

Dave

spangle

Make sure you check out the canal paths and other surrounding edinburgh on the sustrans website and book . i cycled to edinburgh from glasgow this week.. 60miles

Coco

Ah yes a seat for the wee guy, I'll need to get one at some point, though I don't know if I'd brave the roads with him in one.

Welcome Atara.

I've actually got a kids seat gathering dust in my house somewhere. Fits on a standard rack. Happy to look it out for you if its of any use.

OP
OP
A

Atara

Don't go to any bother, if you come across it sometime then give me a shout - it'd be hugely appreciated if you don't need it and want it off your hands :biggrin: thank you

I'll be off the bike for a while, after the chain being too short problem the brake cable has now snapped, again while my husband was on it. I will hopefully get my LOC soon. Still debating black or White boardman....

bauldbairn

I'll be off the bike for a while, after the chain being too short problem the brake cable has now snapped, again while my husband was on it. I will hopefully get my LOC soon. Still debating black or White boardman....

Sorry to hear about your bike - sounds like you shouldn't let your husband anywhere near your new one(when it comes)! :ohmy: :rolleyes: ;)

I like the black Boardman it looks pretty sleak! But the Boardman "fi" looks very classy and remember they've aparantly put a lot of research into making the bike more suitable for female cyclists - geometry/gearing etc and it does come in that highly desirable White shade.:becool: :tongue: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
A

Atara

Hello Jane.

And no, my husband won't be touching it. The Activator is about 15 years old and has barely been used, poor old broken thing but he seems to be cursed.

I will have to go to Halfords and have a look, none of the stores have the 'fi' in and the one nearest me hasn't got the black comp but I'll make do comparing equivelants.

White + me = messy disaster usually but it's so pretty.

bauldbairn

I will have to go to Halfords and have a look, none of the stores have the 'fi' in and the one nearest me hasn't got the black comp but I'll make do comparing equivelants.

White + me = messy disaster usually but it's so pretty.

Just checked on the Halfords "Store Locator" and there are "fi" Boardmans in the Straiton and Seafield Halfords - don't know how close they are to you. Try to pop along and have a look at them in the flesh!!!!

:thumbsup:

Top Bottom