Hi from Edinburgh

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
A

Atara

Ah, ok they must have got them in :biggrin: called the store on Thursday and they said they didn't have any in and the only stores that did were down south. Yay!

bauldbairn

Ah, ok they must have got them in :biggrin: called the store on Thursday and they said they didn't have any in and the only stores that did were down south. Yay!

You can check the Halfords stock "on-line" I asked about the availability of a small womans Boardman Comp "fi" at your local stores. For what it's worth - I do believe it's relatively reliable as this is how I tracked down Boardman models I fancied having a "swatch" at. Give it a go yourself.

Good luck and let us know how you get on? :smile:

OP
OP
A

Atara

Ah that'll be why they told me they didn't have any, I enquired about the large size frame and nowhere has it. At least I can go have a look though, cheers

bauldbairn

Ah that'll be why they told me they didn't have any, I enquired about the large size frame and nowhere has it. At least I can go have a look though, cheers

Just checked the Halfords store locator / availability for you and the nearist Large "fi" frame is in Penrith - but it is available next day for home delivery. :thumbsup:

Just looked at some Hi def / zoom in pictures of the bike and the pink is very deep in colour - not your usual fluffy girly pink, very swish!!!! :becool:

OP
OP
A

Atara

I went in the other day, they had a small in stock so good enough to look at and I really didn't like the pink, far too much of it for me. I realised I really can't abide the colour, the second I laid eyes on it I knew it wasn't for me. .

Unfortunately I don't drive so couldn't go any further afield than my two local stores without it being a huge nightmare anyway. I have to order in person in store too and the seafield store said they would not deliver to me so I'll be going to the other one which is closer anyway and demand they deliver it if they try to say the same as it states on the literature than I can have it delivered for £14

I looked at the black mens Comp and it's lovely and much more me.

daddyshambles

Über Member
hi atara, your circumstances sound very similsr to my own . hope you enjoy yourself as much as i am. one thing though when you get your bike have it checked and serviced elsewhere than halfords as i have had nothing but bother with them and their technicians (so called), yoppers more like ha ha. any ways good luck
Hello all,

After my husband recently decided to start cycling to work I got to thinking about it too. I've not been on a bike since I was 17 (so 6 years ago) when I was in the army. I was discharged from the army after a spine injury and couldn't handle exersize for quite some time which bred laziness and, never getting back into, I'm now terribly unfit. I had a son last year and have been trying to shed the last bit of baby weight and of course current fitness isn't really much good for running around after a toddler all day and I was told after 3 years of thinking I was very allergic to dust and cats that I have allergy triggered asthma so it's time to bite the bullet and get on it.

I found this place when I was looking for advice/reviews on Boardman bikes (I'm stuck with Halfords as I'm getting my bike through cycle4work) and advice for commuters as I'm not at all confident cycling on roads. And decided to join as additional motivation

OP
OP
A

Atara

Hello, apologies for the absence. I've had visitors for the Fringe. I called my HR department and I should get my LOC in the next week. I do with they'd hurry up as the old Raleigh is a pain in the arse (literally) :biggrin:

I'll definately be a more regular poster once I get my hands on a new bike

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
If you need someone to check it out .... knowing the reputation of the H***fo*** "mechanics" .... ;).

There'll be a few CC Ecosse (East Coast Division) folk behind me in the queue :biggrin:.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
I'm a bit late but just thought I'd say hello!

I used to cycle along the paths from the Shore in Leith to work in Edinburgh Park, but once I graduated to a road bike I got the courage up to ride the roads. Still use the path between Groathill Avenue and Corstorphine Road as a shortcut though. :biggrin:

I'll need to look out for you once you start commuting Gyle-wards and give you a wave. You'll likely spot me - I'm the only one out this way wearing a CycleChat jersey.

OP
OP
A

Atara

Hello

I've now got my boardman, yay! My Dad is coming through today to build it as I got it boxed from Halfords. My dad can probably get it all ready to go but I'll be at work so will still go get it checked out at a bike shop in town to make sure it's all set ip right for me.

:biggrin: :biggrin:

fimm

Veteran
Woohoo! New bike!
Just thought I'd add a belated welcome from another female Edinburgh cyclist. I'm either on a Brompton or a yellow Giant...
:welcome:

OP
OP
A

Atara

Hi there

I have it up and running now. Changing From first to second gear is a bit of a bitch, the level has to go so far back to do it that my tiny ladies thumbs can't do it comfortably when riding but if I'm honest I'll likely never change that gear anyway. That aside, it is a gorgeous bike and goes like a dream, so smooth and fast and I've never risen anything so light. I'm officially in love with it.

See some of you Edinburgh folks around soon maybe :biggrin: I'll likely just be on the path between silverknowes and leith as the other routes are all lost to me right now.

bauldbairn

Hi there

I have it up and running now. Changing From first to second gear is a bit of a bitch, the level has to go so far back to do it that my tiny ladies thumbs can't do it comfortably when riding but if I'm honest I'll likely never change that gear anyway. That aside, it is a gorgeous bike and goes like a dream, so smooth and fast and I've never risen anything so light. I'm officially in love with it.

See some of you Edinburgh folks around soon maybe :biggrin: I'll likely just be on the path between silverknowes and leith as the other routes are all lost to me right now.

Glad to hear you've got your new bike - at last! :smile:

I hope you've got a good lock for it - or somewhere very secure to keep it at work? :thumbsup:

All we need from you now young lady are - PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :becool:

Top Bottom