Hi Viz - Do you or don't you?

High Viz - do you?

• Yes, all the time.

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No, never.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Common sense approach depending on situation

• None of the above, I'll explain below.

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PBancroft

scouserinlondon said:
my cheapo 'breathable' jacket from Halfords is dayglo orange with reflective piping, but it's shoot at being breathable, so I think I'll plump for my black berghaus during winter with a builder's high vis jacket over the top.

I've got a yellow jacket from Halfords like that - its a scrunch-up lightweight job that can sit at the bottom of my back for the occasions when it starts to unexpectedly rain halfway through a commute.

I've also got one of these in yellow.

Am considering getting reflective tape for the bike for this winter.

Bristol Dave

I wear Hi-Vis at all times I'm on the bike. I have a vest, pack cover and ankle bands in shocking yellow.

I have had motorists who are pulling out of side streets "double take" me on several occasions and feel it is down to the 'Vis. (They could just be thinking "Look at 'ee).

The Hi-Vis is now just a part of my kit and I don't even think twice about putting it on. I'm getting a new cycling specific jacket for my birthday and given the choice of blue, black or yellow ... (see if you can guess what I chose!).

BD

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
scouserinlondon said:
is the Altura NV any good?

It is waterproof and reasonably breathable pit zips help, rather warm for summer use, however the front zip can be rather awkward and vulnerable to damage...

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Only at night or when it gets grim p North.I have started leaving my lights on the bike (Niterider X 2's) all the time because they DO get you noticed on strobe setting !

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
Best bit of kit in my arsenal is my LEDWear Jacket... Makes motorists divert onto other roads it's that good at night. I'm on lates next week so I'll try and get some photos on here!

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
I only ever wear hi-viz at night.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
There is a hi-viz hanging on the back of my chair at work, so I slip that over my rucksack in the winter. Also advertises the company I work for at the same time, so helps to keep me in a job.

Anyone building or modifying a train and needs guidance and necessary paperwork to comply with ROGS regulations?

Origamist

Legendary Member
Is that jacket breathable/waterproof/showerproof/windproof?

I'd prefer a jacket that was designed for bicycle use - not a hybrid garment aimed at runners, cyclists and motorbikers.

The conspicuity of the front LEDs will be compromised, the rear LEDs less so (unless you adopt an upright position).

Rucksacks will also interfere with the LEDs.

Top Bottom