1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi-viz is the biz...

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by Maz, 16 Nov 2007.

1. Maz

Maz Guru

As I do from time-to-time, I wore my P-O-L-I-T-E* hi-viz yesterday. It never fails to amaze me how much extra space drivers will give me...they'll even do 'polite' things like indicate left after having overtaken me.

I've never had any problems at all with the real BoyzInBloo, who seem cool about it (top fellas, esp those on their bikes). Perhaps one day I'll get pulled over, and I'll explain what it's all about. Until then, ha! It's the biz! Give Cyclists Room!

* Use sparingly...avoids the 'I'll get that tw@t that duped me last time" Syndrome.

2. Maz

Maz Guru

As I do from time-to-time, I wore my P-O-L-I-T-E* hi-viz yesterday. It never fails to amaze me how much extra space drivers will give me...they'll even do 'polite' things like indicate left after having overtaken me.

I've never had any problems at all with the real BoyzInBloo, who seem cool about it (top fellas, esp those on their bikes). Perhaps one day I'll get pulled over, and I'll explain what it's all about. Until then, ha! It's the biz! Give Cyclists Room!

* Use sparingly...avoids the 'I'll get that tw@t that duped me last time" Syndrome.

3. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

i'd get one (even though i don't normally do hi viz) but for the fact that my rucksack would make it pointless.

4. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

i'd get one (even though i don't normally do hi viz) but for the fact that my rucksack would make it pointless.

5. Maz

Maz Guru

I once wore it with a single strap bag on my back and it covered the "T". Worked even better that time!

6. Maz

Maz Guru

I once wore it with a single strap bag on my back and it covered the "T". Worked even better that time!

7. Lord of the Teapot

Lord of the Teapot New Member

Where can I buy these polite thingies?

8. Lord of the Teapot

Lord of the Teapot New Member

Where can I buy these polite thingies?

9. ransos

ransos Legendary Member

What is this POLITE hi viz of which you speak?

10. ransos

ransos Legendary Member

What is this POLITE hi viz of which you speak?

11. yenrod

yenrod Guest

Being bright on the bike, day or night, makes sense !

12. yenrod

yenrod Guest

Being bright on the bike, day or night, makes sense !

13. yenrod

yenrod Guest

Very Keith Oates'esque reply dont ya reckon ??????? ;)

14. yenrod

yenrod Guest

Very Keith Oates'esque reply dont ya reckon ??????? ;)

15. Maz

Maz Guru

I got it from a chap called justin [from Give Cyclist Room campaign] who used to frequent the old C+ forum, but don't know if he's registered on this one.

It's basically a dustbin man style hi-viz with the word POLITE in big 3M reflective lettering imprinted on the back.

This is me wearing it...

POLITE.jpg