Hi-viz is the biz...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru
As I do from time-to-time, I wore my P-O-L-I-T-E* hi-viz yesterday. It never fails to amaze me how much extra space drivers will give me...they'll even do 'polite' things like indicate left after having overtaken me.

I've never had any problems at all with the real BoyzInBloo, who seem cool about it (top fellas, esp those on their bikes). Perhaps one day I'll get pulled over, and I'll explain what it's all about. Until then, ha! It's the biz! Give Cyclists Room!

* Use sparingly...avoids the 'I'll get that tw@t that duped me last time" Syndrome.

OP
OP
Maz

Maz

Guru
As I do from time-to-time, I wore my P-O-L-I-T-E* hi-viz yesterday. It never fails to amaze me how much extra space drivers will give me...they'll even do 'polite' things like indicate left after having overtaken me.

I've never had any problems at all with the real BoyzInBloo, who seem cool about it (top fellas, esp those on their bikes). Perhaps one day I'll get pulled over, and I'll explain what it's all about. Until then, ha! It's the biz! Give Cyclists Room!

* Use sparingly...avoids the 'I'll get that tw@t that duped me last time" Syndrome.

OP
OP
Maz

Maz

Guru
I once wore it with a single strap bag on my back and it covered the "T". Worked even better that time!

OP
OP
Maz

Maz

Guru
I once wore it with a single strap bag on my back and it covered the "T". Worked even better that time!

U

User482

What is this POLITE hi viz of which you speak?

OP
OP
Maz

Maz

Guru
I got it from a chap called justin [from Give Cyclist Room campaign] who used to frequent the old C+ forum, but don't know if he's registered on this one.

It's basically a dustbin man style hi-viz with the word POLITE in big 3M reflective lettering imprinted on the back.

This is me wearing it...

POLITE.jpg

Top Bottom