Hi-Viz still hadn't been invented....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Phoebus

So.......

Jamesinger_3-1.jpg

Bigtallfatbloke

where can I order one?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
PLENTY. OF. FULL. STOPS. THOUGH. PERIOD.

I always think that 'Baby On Board' signs are a bit strange... I assume that the idea is that murderous drivers intent on running rivals off the road will have a change of heart when they realise they might be committing infanticide? :whistle:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
PLENTY. OF. FULL. STOPS. THOUGH. PERIOD.

I always think that 'Baby On Board' signs are a bit strange... I assume that the idea is that murderous drivers intent on running rivals off the road will have a change of heart when they realise they might be committing infanticide? :whistle:

Quite the opposite, rivals would kill your seed so that your line no longer existed. Baby on Board will encourage them even more.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I thought those signs meat I'm an entitled t*at and as I have a child I can park or drive wherever and however I like.

T4tomo

Guru
I always think that 'Baby On Board' signs are a bit strange

They also encourage the short sighted to drive even closer to the car in front to see what it says, and thus also not concentrating on what else is going on around them!:laugh:

tyred

Legendary Member
I think the original reason for Baby on board signs dates from long before child seats or seat belts or any of that stuff and cars had no heaters so a baby probably would have been wrapped up in blankets and left on the back seat.

In the event of an accident, the baby on board sign tells the emergency services that there should be a child somewhere as it could have rolled into the footwell or gone through the window or something.

Nowadays a baby on board sign just advises that you are dealing with a selfishly driven Citroën Picasso.

T4tomo

Guru
I think the original reason for Baby on board signs dates from long before child seats or seat belts or any of that stuff and cars had no heaters so a baby probably would have been wrapped up in blankets and left on the back seat.

In the event of an accident, the baby on board sign tells the emergency services that there should be a child somewhere as it could have rolled into the footwell or gone through the window or something.

Nowadays a baby on board sign just advises that you are dealing with a selfishly driven Citroën Picasso.

google a synopsis of that and "urban myth" and you will soon discover it wasn't .....

Top Bottom