Hi Viz

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I've seen one of those all-over reflective jackets on a FNRTTC. It's quite strange in the half light of the the morning you can see a disembodied jacket tootling along but can't make out the person or the bike underneath them.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
sam browne belt. You can get them for less than a tenner and it goes on any clothing you so choose. It also screams out cyclist to surrounding people far more than any big slab of yellow or orange does.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
[QUOTE 3365225, member: 9609"]less than a tenner! don't know if I would push the boat out that far.

less than a pound is more my budget clickity link
then just keep it wrapped around the seat post and it's handy to put on if you have a few miles to do on a busy road.[/QUOTE]

^_^ a skinflint after my own heart

my problem with the vest and silver H things is that they're damn near ubiquitous for outdoor and driving workers nowadays on top of emergency services, joggers, dog walkers etc, the vast majority of whom are safely tucked away on the pavement, one of those doesn't intuitively connect in my mind anymore that the person wearing it is definitely in the roadway with me in the same way that seeing a Sam Browne belt from a distance does.

Wafer

Veteran
I've got a long sleeve thing like this http://www.greenham.com/c/pl/140370/Keep-Safe-EN-471-High-Visibility-Double-Band-and-Brace-Waistcoat and just chuck it on over my coat or whatever I'm wearing when I feel the need for the hi viz
Can pick them up from various places for around a fiver.

Only time I use it is on a short commute so I'm not fussed at the lack of style :smile:

Ah, I see this is basically what was already suggested :P I've found it ok, whether in reality it's any different to just riding with lights I don't know but it makes me feel a bit better at times as an additional 'hey something is here' signal.

Top Bottom