Hi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:welcome: Buy a better bike then. :becool:

vickster

Legendary Member
You said in another post it's the wrong size. That's not the bikes fault.

£250 is cheap entry level for a road bike. It will be heavy. Although that shouldn't matter so much on the flat. That's down to the rider as well ;)

Sell it, buy a better bike second hand

OP
OP
H

Hughes

You said in another post it's the wrong size. That's not the bikes fault.

£250 is cheap entry level for a road bike. It will be heavy. Although that shouldn't matter so much on the flat. That's down to the rider as well ;)

Sell it, buy a better bike second hand
I no its down to halfords noone wants carrera road bike been advertised for 2wks now had no iterest init

vickster

Legendary Member
In English?

You'd sell it for £150 I should think

Stevec047

Über Member
The carrea range of bikes are absolutely fine for riding I have a second hand virtuoso and with a few tweets here and there no of which were massively expensive it can become a good bike.

If your struggling up hills swap the rear cassette over to an 11-32 from the standard 11-28 that will make a huge difference. I swapped the wheels over after the rear wheel buckled beyond repair and added a better set of tires which again made a massive difference. With regards to weight my bike currently runs a steel front fork and yes it does make the bike heavy but there are plenty of Ali front forks available which will reduce the weight massively.

I look at my bike in such away that it is a training tool for when I can then afford a nice lightweight version. On a plus point yeah you might be slower up hills but the extra weight males you much faster down them.

Keep getting out on the bike get it fitted to you and things will get better.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Hello and welcome. We all make mistakes when buying bikes. I know I did.
My only mistake was with my first bike: bought cheap and got cheap. My next 4 bikes, paid quite a bit more and have no regrets. Still have them and ride them regularly as the mood takes me. I now use the cheap one in winter, on rollers, stripped of brakes as not needed.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
My only mistake was with my first bike: bought cheap and got cheap. My next 4 bikes, paid quite a bit more and have no regrets. Still have them and ride them regularly as the mood takes me. I now use the cheap one in winter, on rollers, stripped of brakes as not needed.

That's what I did as well. The first bike was a complete bag of rubbish. :laugh:

Top Bottom