hidden food foulness

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobg

Über Member
Just munched on a banana, dont ya just hate those stringy bits, which reminded me about the tubes in liver and lumpy bits in porage and don't start me on the shlethery bits on a fried egg. ... Resumes his 10 hour wait for the bidding in the Colnago to end......

I don't want it, but I might put bid in for £65! :smile:

Johnny Thin

Someone once told me never to eat the bottom half-inch of a banana as nobody does this in the countries where they grow, there is a worm that can be lurking there that will get into your gut, like a tapeworm. Don't know if that's true or just BS.

OP
OP
bobg

bobg

Über Member
Johnny Thin said:
Someone once told me never to eat the bottom half-inch of a banana as nobody does this in the countries where they grow, there is a worm that can be lurking there that will get into your gut, like a tapeworm. Don't know if that's true or just BS.

I really wish you hadn't told me that :sad:
I remember climbing about in the hold of the banana boats that came into Tilbury Dock and those bloody great spiders that used to scurry about in the half dark....

bobg said:
So they eat the tapeworm first:sad:

I'm sure that's the least of their problems!

View: http://youtube.com/watch?v=kN17LNPoiDU

:sad:

domtyler

Über Member
Johnny Thin said:

This is indeed a fact, but it is not a tape worm but the Tsetse fly. Responsible for a small number of dangerous tropical diseases, sleeping illnesses etc.

Do be careful.

Keith Oates

Janner
They grow many bananas in the Philippines and I've eaten them by the bucket full and have not seen any worms or even heard it mentioned by the locals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

surfgurl

How about the regurgitating aftertaste of some foods? I ate kebabs made of lamb mince over three hours ago. I can still taste it. Come on food. I ate you hours ago. I don't want the taste again.

domtyler

Über Member
Keith Oates said:
They grow many bananas in the Philippines and I've eaten them by the bucket full and have not seen any worms or even heard it mentioned by the locals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Tsetse fly is a native of the African continent Keith.

Top Bottom