High blood pressure?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
High Blood Pressure means you are you getting old and dying. You can stress about it or get on with years you have left.........like everyone else.

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
TheDoctor said:
The doc may well suggest a 24 hour monitor - this is (as the name suggests!) a box of tricks that takes your BP every so often, including while you're asleep. The BP vasodilator pills I'm on (candesartin) have no side effects I've noticed, unlike the last ones (elenapril or something like that) which gave me the Mother of all Hangovers if I had more than half a glass of wine. Which I did, every day.;)
Best bet, if you can do it, is to up the exercise, quit smoking and lose some weight. But you knew all that anyway, didn't you?:biggrin:
Of course, it could just be the stress of a new job coming up. You can't tell anything from just one measurement.

The doctor that did my medical mentioned this,but my doctor said its not neccesary,only if its up for a period of time in all circumstances will he relook at it.But if it came to that ,he said some medication would sort it at that time.

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
starseven said:
High Blood Pressure means you are you getting old and dying. You can stress about it or get on with years you have left.........like everyone else.

That great film had a quote in it,"get busy dying,or get busy living".any one?

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Echo all the stuff about quitting smoking, reducing salt, etc.
Get regular exercise...I'm sure you'll be more active in your new job.

Keep Hydrated...often overlooked.
Take cod-liver oil 1000mg/day (helps thin the blood).

BUT
You know that qutting the fags will have the single greatest benefit I'm sorry to say.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
starseven said:

Ermm, no.
No no no.
Get it checked out. If it's a genuine problem, get it sorted.
You might feel fine with high blood pressure, but suffering a stroke is not the best way to enhance your weekend.;)

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
Fab Foodie said:
Echo all the stuff about quitting smoking, reducing salt, etc.
Get regular exercise...I'm sure you'll be more active in your new job.

Keep Hydrated...often overlooked.
Take cod-liver oil 1000mg/day (helps thin the blood).

BUT
You know that qutting the fags will have the single greatest benefit I'm sorry to say.

Yep,and im ashamed to say i still smoke,even after all the reasons not too,and non too,so its my main goal.;)

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
To reiterate, Col, it's quite possible this was a one-off, esp if you were feeling stressed. Get it checked again, and if it's still high, take action. It's worth stopping the fags anyway, but you knew that.
Congrats again on the new job.;)

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
TheDoctor said:
To reiterate, Col, it's quite possible this was a one-off, esp if you were feeling stressed. Get it checked again, and if it's still high, take action. It's worth stopping the fags anyway, but you knew that.
Congrats again on the new job.;)

Cheers Doc:biggrin:

Abitrary

col said:
You havnt got the name by chance have you?

A quick google reveals it is called Ritalin. Think my mum took it once.

As with any herbal medicine, consult a proper doctor before taking it.

Blue

Legendary Member
Abitrary said:
A quick google reveals it is called Ritalin. Think my mum took it once.

As with any herbal medicine, consult a proper doctor before taking it.

Are you sure? Isn't that an artificial stimulant used on kids??

Abitrary

Blue said:
Are you sure? Isn't that an artificial stimulant used on kids??

it's something like that, ritalin, ritulin...my mum only takes it to please the person who advises it.

Which is worrying, because even stuff like aspirin can affect proper medicines if you do them together.

Top Bottom