High resting heart rate.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sarahale

Über Member
I've woken up today with a bit of a dry cough and slight tightness in my chest. Nothing too major and I only feel a little tired, no cold or anything otherwise.

But I can feel my heart thumping away which is a little unnerving. My resting heart rate is usually around 40/50 and it's up about 85 right now.

I wonder if it's some sort of asthma or if I've breathed something in riding yesterday, never had it before though.

I know you are not doctors and if I start to feel unwell I will obviously seek medical advice. I was just curious if anyone has had anything similar of late. Thanks!

vickster

Legendary Member
Have you got a fever?

http://www.md-health.com/Elevated-Heart-Rate-When-Sick.html

See if a couple of paracetamol help? Assuming you don't have liver disease etc and go to bed, sleep it off

Last edited:

coldash

Veteran
My resting heart rate and gym activity heart rate both go up prior to me getting some sort of lurgy. I feel fine at the time but a couple of days later it hits me. I have to be careful between being sensible and using it as an excuse to take exercise too easy.

OP
OP
sarahale

sarahale

Über Member
Finally over the worst symptoms except the cough and raised heart rate, not as high as it was however. Back on the bike tomorrow so will have to take it easy, not been a pleasant few days :sad:

OP
OP
sarahale

sarahale

Über Member
My resting heart rate and gym activity heart rate both go up prior to me getting some sort of lurgy. I feel fine at the time but a couple of days later it hits me. I have to be careful between being sensible and using it as an excuse to take exercise too easy.

I'll be sure to keep an eye out and take it easier if I notice it again, thanks!

vickster

Legendary Member
Finally over the worst symptoms except the cough and raised heart rate, not as high as it was however. Back on the bike tomorrow so will have to take it easy, not been a pleasant few days :sad:
It doesn't sound sensible to be cycling with a bad cough, there are known risks of exercising when the lurgy has settled below the neck. Especially when it's cold

OP
OP
sarahale

sarahale

Über Member
It doesn't sound sensible to be cycling with a bad cough, there are known risks of exercising when the lurgy has settled below the neck. Especially when it's cold

I had to go back to work as typically the illness stuck whilst I was on annual leave and otherwise needed a doctors certificate as would of been off for a week. Wasn't very nice cycle but made it :smile:

Top Bottom