High vis clothing....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I don't wear hi-viz as it makes you look just like every other 'person on a bike'. Looking like that, and shifting along like all 'regular' cyclists do is a recipe for disaster - motorists don't judge cyclist's speed, so looking like a 'slow' cyclist isn't going to help.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
You are right Mort it is illegal but it is your choice, but you must live with the consequences....ie being nicked.

Steve

Whereas the consequences of not wearing hi-vis include looking much cooler.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Drove my wife to a 10k run at the weekend. Parking was a nightmare - there were so many people wearing high viz running tops I couldn't tell who were the marshalls.

Edited for grammar, innit.

Sara_H

Guru
I hate HiViz, thats why I make the dog wear it, show him who's The Boss.

null_zps8c21abdb.png

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Why did the chicken cross the road?

A duck's standing by the side of a road when a chicken comes up to him and says, "Don't do it mate, you'll never hear the end of it..."

GC

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I refuse to wear the herd bibs at skyride & charity events etc as you stand out more by not looking like the bike out of the shed once a year rabble.

I generally wear a Sam Browne belt for commuting as it isn't the big block of yellow with a reflective grey H that builders, road workers, utility drivers, binmen, other cyclists, Uncle Tom Cobley and all wear.
IMO it is a tad more distinctive from that type of thing to make me pop up in the drivers mind as something less typically seen & therefore more of interest to actually look at & not simply written off as a postie etc on the path.

Luckily it seems to be a bear repellent item too, come to think of it I've never been hit by a meteorite whilst wearing it either.

Top Bottom