High-viz jackets.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
cf6c_1.JPG

How about this BM?

I bought a waterproof in Lidl, and I rather liked it. Not as good as goretex, but I could buy 12 of them for the same price as my Altura cycling jacket, and it ain't 12 times as good.

Not sure I like pink though.:biggrin:

My hi-viz has two colours which seems to be effective.Why I don't know.

Suppose some people must be colour blind though so the orange and yellow hi-viz helps.:smile:

silverbow

hackbike 666 said:
Not sure I like pink though.:smile:

Suppose some people must be colour blind though so the orange and yellow hi-viz helps.;)

The 2 colours is to do with differnet lighting. I beleive the Orange works better under sodium street lights.

ChrisKH

Guru
chris667 said:
I bought a waterproof in Lidl, and I rather liked it. Not as good as goretex, but I could buy 12 of them for the same price as my Altura cycling jacket, and it ain't 12 times as good.

I would second that. My last two jackets are from Lidl or Aldi and have been very effective. Not as good as Goretex as you say but ok for a short commute. My latest Lidl jacket has given up the ghost (zip) and I'm in the market for a new waterproof one. So, any recommendations without the Hi-Viz flavour? :biggrin:

OP
OP
A

allen-uk

Hackbike: I take it that your comment "I don't want cheap crap I want something better quality. Cheers." was mainly to wind up bentmikey, in which case fair enough, but on a socio-political level I have to disagree. Expensive things are very often of no better quality than cheaper; they just have 'designer' labels attached to them to attract the gormless, but which have never cut any ice with me.

A.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
hackbike 666 said:
Not sure I like pink though.:biggrin:

Suppose some people must be colour blind though so the orange and yellow hi-viz helps.:smile:

It's a contrast thing; some research has shown two contrasting colours to be more effective in some circumstances. Plus as Silverbow says one colour works better in some places, the other in other places.

allen-uk said:
Expensive things are very often of no better quality than cheaper; they just have 'designer' labels attached to them to attract the gormless, but which have never cut any ice with me.

Absolutely.