High-viz jackets.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Eat MY Dust said:
Just to add a litlle something else. Do all the dafties out there who have no lights and no hi viz get run over/hit on a regular basis?

DfT stats for contributory factors - 'cyclist wearing dark clothes at night' 100 KSI with 10 fatalities. Make of that what you will.

It's like Russian Roulette isn't it?

OP
OP
A

allen-uk

HackBike: was it something I said?

You used to sign off your messages with a quote from one of mine, plus one of those odd smiley things. Now you don't.

I am desolate.

A.

allen-uk said:
HackBike: was it something I said?

You used to sign off your messages with a quote from one of mine, plus one of those odd smiley things. Now you don't.

I am desolate.

A.

I was taking the pee out of BM but the sig is stored don't worry.:biggrin:

Actually your signature has been quoted to me many times by hardened motorists and I tend to ask their opinion a lot.If I didn't think that Hi-Viz wasn't useful I wouldn't wear it.

While BM is away we will play havoc.:biggrin:

OP
OP
A

allen-uk

Where's he gorn?

New Middle-Eastern Peace envoy? Taking part in the Most Argumentative Man competition?

So, cry havoc and unleash etc.

A.

OK, so I was wearing all black this morning. I've no doubt this guy was more visible than I was as you'll see from this video.

View: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fYAAiWbdCfs

threebikesmcginty said:
Oooo is BM away?, havoc it is then. Let's keep the debate serious and adult though -

High-viz good, high-viz good, high-viz good........

*fingers in ears* nah nah nah nah nah, etc.

New Middle-Eastern Peace envoy? Taking part in the Most Argumentative Man competition?

:biggrin:

OK, so I was wearing all black this morning. I've no doubt this guy was more visible than I was as you'll see from this video.

I couldn't give a monkies whether you wear all black that's your choice and I wouldn't try to change it.

hackbike 666 said:
I couldn't give a monkies whether you wear all black that's your choice and I wouldn't try to change it.

Oh don't worry. I just thought I'd stick the video in here as he was wearing Hi-Viz. I was just looking for a reaction.

I once threw a brick into a wasps nest for the same reason..........the wasps were not amused.

Eat MY Dust said:
Oh don't worry. I just thought I'd stick the video in here as he was wearing Hi-Viz. I was just looking for a reaction.

OIC,as I said no problemo :biggrin:

I once threw a brick into a wasps nest for the same reason..........the wasps were not amused.

I didn't.I know BentMikey.:angry:

pwh91

Veteran
allen-uk said:
The guy in your video, EatMyDust, was cycling badly, no matter what he was wearing. Scooting up the inside of a big moving wagon is asking for trouble.

And talking of cycling really badly, this adjacent video on YouTube caught my eye:

View: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CjR0iNT10kI&NR=1

The man on that bike should be locked up. Or perhaps he was, and is getting away.

A.

Anyone else develop a nervous tick while watching the NYC video???