High-viz jackets.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Eat MY Dust said:
Just to add a litlle something else. Do all the dafties out there who have no lights and no hi viz get run over/hit on a regular basis?

DfT stats for contributory factors - 'cyclist wearing dark clothes at night' 100 KSI with 10 fatalities. Make of that what you will.

It's like Russian Roulette isn't it?

Rhythm Thief

Veteran
BentMikey said:
Hiviz is a rabbit's foot - it might make you feel better, but if you have decent legal lights and bike reflectors, it's a waste of time for improving your safety. Spend the effort instead on cycle craft, lessons if need be, and you'll get 100 times the improvement in safety.

What effort?

OP
OP
A

allen-uk

HackBike: was it something I said?

You used to sign off your messages with a quote from one of mine, plus one of those odd smiley things. Now you don't.

I am desolate.

A.

allen-uk said:
HackBike: was it something I said?

You used to sign off your messages with a quote from one of mine, plus one of those odd smiley things. Now you don't.

I am desolate.

A.

I was taking the pee out of BM but the sig is stored don't worry.:biggrin:

Actually your signature has been quoted to me many times by hardened motorists and I tend to ask their opinion a lot.If I didn't think that Hi-Viz wasn't useful I wouldn't wear it.

While BM is away we will play havoc.:biggrin:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Oooo is BM away?, havoc it is then. Let's keep the debate serious and adult though -

High-viz good, high-viz good, high-viz good........

*fingers in ears* nah nah nah nah nah, etc.

OP
OP
A

allen-uk

Where's he gorn?

New Middle-Eastern Peace envoy? Taking part in the Most Argumentative Man competition?

So, cry havoc and unleash etc.

A.

Eat MY Dust

OK, so I was wearing all black this morning. I've no doubt this guy was more visible than I was as you'll see from this video.

View: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fYAAiWbdCfs

threebikesmcginty said:
Oooo is BM away?, havoc it is then. Let's keep the debate serious and adult though -

High-viz good, high-viz good, high-viz good........

*fingers in ears* nah nah nah nah nah, etc.

New Middle-Eastern Peace envoy? Taking part in the Most Argumentative Man competition?

:biggrin:

OK, so I was wearing all black this morning. I've no doubt this guy was more visible than I was as you'll see from this video.

I couldn't give a monkies whether you wear all black that's your choice and I wouldn't try to change it.

Eat MY Dust

hackbike 666 said:
I couldn't give a monkies whether you wear all black that's your choice and I wouldn't try to change it.

Oh don't worry. I just thought I'd stick the video in here as he was wearing Hi-Viz. I was just looking for a reaction.

I once threw a brick into a wasps nest for the same reason..........the wasps were not amused.

Eat MY Dust said:
Oh don't worry. I just thought I'd stick the video in here as he was wearing Hi-Viz. I was just looking for a reaction.

OIC,as I said no problemo :biggrin:

I once threw a brick into a wasps nest for the same reason..........the wasps were not amused.

I didn't.I know BentMikey.:angry:

OP
OP
A

allen-uk

The guy in your video, EatMyDust, was cycling badly, no matter what he was wearing. Scooting up the inside of a big moving wagon is asking for trouble.

And talking of cycling really badly, this adjacent video on YouTube caught my eye:

View: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CjR0iNT10kI&NR=1

The man on that bike should be locked up. Or perhaps he was, and is getting away.

A.

pwh91

Veteran
allen-uk said:
The guy in your video, EatMyDust, was cycling badly, no matter what he was wearing. Scooting up the inside of a big moving wagon is asking for trouble.

And talking of cycling really badly, this adjacent video on YouTube caught my eye:

View: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CjR0iNT10kI&NR=1

The man on that bike should be locked up. Or perhaps he was, and is getting away.

A.

Anyone else develop a nervous tick while watching the NYC video???