High-viz jackets.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TreorchyMark

Hey all,

I have just got my Altura night vision waterproof jacket and cant wait to try it out tomorrow.
Does anyone know what the flap under the collar at the back is for???
It has 2 snapper fasteners but I'll be danmed if I can work out what it's for.
Any ideas would be most welcome.

Cheers,
Mark.

OP
OP
A

allen-uk

I had the same problem, Mark.

The cord seems to be for tightening up the collar, which would only make sense in really torrential rain - and I suppose they think you wear a helmet, hence the lack of hood.

But the poppers, damned if I could work it out. Maybe just a bit of 'style' nonsense, maybe for a (not supplied) hood.

Allen

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
TreorchyMark said:
Hey all,

I have just got my Altura night vision waterproof jacket and cant wait to try it out tomorrow.
Does anyone know what the flap under the collar at the back is for???
It has 2 snapper fasteners but I'll be danmed if I can work out what it's for.
Any ideas would be most welcome.

Cheers,
Mark.

The poppers are for joining on a hood - you can buy it for about £10. I did buy one but didn't use it that much (off the bike of course).

Cking

The firm I work for gives us hiviz tabards with the company name on the back. There was an incident a few years ago when a cyclist wearing one was knocked off and proceeded to beat seven shades of c**p out of the offending driver. Who then complained to our firm! An edict came down telling us not to wear them outside of work. Fortunately the firms name is stuck onto the tabard not printed, so a little work with a sharp knife can remove it!!!!!

Rgds Cking

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Lidl stuff isn't always cheap crap - sometimes it can be rather good.

One of my best buys there was a kids wooden balance bike, a bike with no pedals. miniMikey learnt to ride on it. When I got it, it was £29.99, a year or so later they had them in for a tenner, well made and good quality. Compare that to something like £140 for the cheapest Like-a-Bike equivalent.