High viz jerseys

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

macp

Guru
Bought an Aerate high viz jersey recently and wore it for the first time today.Dont know if its me but it seemed like drivers were being more careful around me.I guess they can spot me from a greater distance.I certainly like the feeling of being seen though.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
So long as you are happy.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
funny thing bike snobbery. i class all people on bikes as cyclists...some only call full lycra clad warriors as proper cyclists. you're right it is sad.

OP
OP
macp

macp

Guru
Never heard of POB and I didnt know there was any snobbery amongst cyclists.I am a newbie though.

I had a close call last week which scared me and almost forced me to jack it all in but then I got thinking about being seen more easily.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
One of my Jerseys is a Specialized hiviz one. Tis alright, wouldnt say I've noticed any difference in driving standards since wearing it compared to the hiviz tabbard, or the regular jerseys/tops. :laugh:

I like flouro anyway, so would prolly wear it regardless of the hype. Mostly hype produced by drivers wishing to excuse their actions imo.

fossyant said:
Never wear one - makes you look like a builder or a POB.....:laugh::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Ok I'll bite...I couldn't care less.

....another thing here is people don't wear hi-viz because they are worried what they look like.

For some reason I thought POB was pedestrian on bike.