Scotland : Perthshire Highland Perthshire Challenge 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Very few men are S.Louch...
Whew ! :heat:

edindave

Über Member
Got this on my calendar. Like Rasmus I am not going to enter yet though - no pressure when you can see the numbers.

I especially like the disproportionately generous chunk of the entry fee that is going to charity. Makes you wonder how they can manage it compared to other 'charity' events.

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
You can pootle around at your own pace, you start with a bunch but you have no reason to stay with them. Any ride I have been on with a group from on here had been a very loose bunch than an attacking peloton formation

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
When I did the HPC, we were sent off in groups of about 10-15 and by the time we reached the road - some 500m further on, I was riding on my own. I continued pretty much on my own, overtaking some, being overtaken by others and could have tagged along with anyone else for a while had I felt like so doing.

I don't remember ever 'group riding' - in the context where certain 'rules' are applicable; I just rode round and thoroughly enjoyed it. :thumbsup: In any case, on the shorter route - which is clearly aimed at the less experienced - no one was keeping 'on the wheel' of anyone else - we were all keeping a comfortable distance. :smile:

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
We rode together last year as a group from on here, but not in anything tight tOgether

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Might sign up for this, not done any real big rides at all this year, last century ride in fact my only century ride was the 3 pistes sportive...let's hope I am not in the same sort of mess at the end of this sportive as i was at he end of the 3 pistes

So I've got a month to get at least 2 century rides in my legs

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Ed I am up at St. Andrews way for a week/10 days in the middle of august if you fancy a wee cycle around lovely east fife

edindave

Über Member
Just realised I'm free on this date, so keeping an eye on entries/weather. Not done more than a few metric centuries in the past couple of months so the distance will be a challenge!

Top Bottom