Scotland : Perthshire Highland Perthshire Challenge 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

edindave

Über Member
should sign up, its for a good cause

As long as yous don;t mind dragging me round

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I'm doing my usual non-commitment-till-I've-seen-the-weather-forecast thing for the 50 miler and might 'negotiate' with them :unsure: about the 'lid rule' :angry:.

edindave

Über Member
I'm doing my usual non-commitment-till-I've-seen-the-weather-forecast thing for the 50 miler and might 'negotiate' with them :unsure: about the 'lid rule' :angry:.

I wonder if Sportive organisers tend nowadays to stick the timer chip tags on helmets as way of enforcing helmet policy.

At the same time I'm sure the helmet manufacturers state that you shouldn't put stickers on helmets, as it might affect their performance, and/or corrode them!

I wonder if Sportive organisers tend nowadays to stick the timer chip tags on helmets as way of enforcing helmet policy.

At the same time I'm sure the helmet manufacturers state that you shouldn't put stickers on helmets, as it might affect their performance, and/or corrode them!
Most of the time it's just a requirement from the insurance company/planning bodies, I imagine. Even I will be wearing a skid lid, just to shut them up (also I don't really want someone's chainring embedded in my skull.)

edindave

Über Member
Most of the time it's just a requirement from the insurance company/planning bodies, I imagine. Even I will be wearing a skid lid, just to shut them up (also I don't really want someone's chainring embedded in my skull.)

Yes it's obviously down to insurance, but I have noticed that (for at least the ones I've entered this past year or two) they've moved away from a chip that was embedded in the number you pin onto your frame to a chip that 'must be stuck to your helmet'.

I was just wondering if there was a deliberate intention to stop people ditching their helmet after sign on...?

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Could well be, @edindave. My 'problem' is that a helmet jams against the back of my headrest, so I am permanently in head-poked-forward mode which is uncomfortable for 1km, let alone 80 !

"No, the headrest doesn't come off" :whistle:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Not really - it would still catch and, besides, I'm low enough down and nicely tucked in that the risk of injury is much reduced. IMO, of course. :laugh:

Top Bottom