Scotland : Perthshire Highland Perthshire Challenge 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I'm doing my usual non-commitment-till-I've-seen-the-weather-forecast thing for the 50 miler and might 'negotiate' with them :unsure: about the 'lid rule' :angry:.
Weather forecast looks good and I've 'explained' my issue with a helmet** to the organisers - but not heard back, so they presumably don't want me to ride their event. :sad: -> :angry:

**the headrest on the seat prevents me from wearing a lid - and it .. sort of ... well ... can't very easily ... I don't want it to ... be removed :whistle:

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Weather forecast looks good and I've 'explained' my issue with a helmet** to the organisers - but not heard back, so they presumably don't want me to ride their event. :sad: -> :angry:

**the headrest on the seat prevents me from wearing a lid - and it .. sort of ... well ... can't very easily ... I don't want it to ... be removed :whistle:
if u use the contact us on the website, u get no response. Try Kevin.simpson@maf-uk.org?

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
You'll catch louch easily harry...Louch likes to stop every 20 miles:ph34r::boxing:
'Likes to' ... or 'needs to' ? :unsure: :blush:

@Scoosh @Louch Not to worry, I won't be speeding to catch the CC Ecosse peloton if I'm starting an hour later, though of course it would be nice to see a few familiar faces on the day. I'm really just looking to complete my first ton, so I know I shouldn't be focussing overly on speed!

Some small words of advice from someone who blew up massively on his first sportive ton; don't go like the clappers from the get-go.

It's extremely tempting, when you have fresh legs and are surrounded by fast riders to push yourself hard. I speak from experience when I say that it doesn't end well.
It's totally fine (and recommended) to ride in a group for the extra few mph and don't forget to take turns at the front, but don't ride at a pace where it's uncomfortable to talk. 100 miles is a very long distance.

edindave

Über Member
Eat and drink loads and you'll be fine. Don't skimp at the feed stations - you've paid for it anyway! It'll be the sudden running out of energy in the last 10 miles that will get you, rather than anything else - at least that's how I remember my first 100mi sportive.

Top Bottom