Highlight of the season....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Couch

Über Member
Hey guys,
Although you guys were (in my opinion) flying along the muddy track in the "Mud, pie, cyclocross" movie (and I personally couldn't stay with you guys for 5 meters).
I guess you guys are riding in a sort of amateur circuit (and I am trying to say this with all due respect), since all the pro's are riding in the Superprestige, World Cup and Bpost (used to be called GVA) trophy, right?

Strangely enough it seems to me that there are really no entries here on the forum that discuss the Pro Cyclocross circuit. Ok, it's currently a very small sport with too little top tier riders, but then again how many top favourites are there each year to win the Tour de France, right?
(And I know with the disappearance of Boom and Stybar, the "international" look of this sport has even more diminished)

Christopher

Über Member
hi Couch
Well I do CX because it is fun, not because I am any good at it! I don't really follow pro CX, maybe someone else does? Might be different if I lived in Belguim though.

Anyway: rode Pignut Hill yesterday and did a blinder: 68th out of 99 finishers. Well pleased with that, I was flying. The course was great: nice mix of technical singletrack and grass. The recent dry weather meant the course did not get too muddy. I had an excellent start, must have been about in 50th place on Lap 1 but slipped back down the field as better riders came past. Fair enough. I do need to work on my running though: I was able to pass a few riders on the running climbs but could have done better if I went for runs in the week, as I did 2 years ago. Bike didn't clog too badly - I taped up the bottom of the headtube so mud could not get up there.

Oh and tubs are a new world: so grippy and so light. No wonder people use them. I was able to go through the grassy corners faster than normal. Interestingly the front squishes up quite a lot under braking, it feels a lot like a suspension fork diving under braking. Unfortunately due to various commitments I can't race again until 10 November. Rats.

oldroadman

Veteran
Just one point, singletrack has no place in CX races, a check in the book specifies at least 2-3 metres wide all round the circuit, so passing is possible. It's a race, after all, even back down the field everyone needs a chance to pass or be passed.

VamP

Banned
Just one point, singletrack has no place in CX races, a check in the book specifies at least 2-3 metres wide all round the circuit, so passing is possible. It's a race, after all, even back down the field everyone needs a chance to pass or be passed.

Not raced at Herne Hill then?

Top Bottom