Hill climbing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
oldgreyandslow said:
MacB
I see your in the same locale as me, where are the hills near here? I have the same issues as the original poster, when it gets just a little hilly I seem to just die, its the legs not the lungs!

nothing of any note round our way that I'm aware of, some short and sharp, the road out of Cove to Blackwater, with the rumble strips on it. Longish, but not steep, is Cricket Hill Lane from Yately to A30, about 1.1miles.

I know the Cove to Blackwater road you mention, I used to be able to do that one I'll try it again, I remember it hurt!

One question: Why the need to put your weight on the end of the message?

I could do that one: March 09 187lbs, July 09 173lbs, target Sept 09 160lbs.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
oldgreyandslow said:
I know the Cove to Blackwater road you mention, I used to be able to do that one I'll try it again, I remember it hurt!

One question: Why the need to put your weight on the end of the message?

I could do that one: March 09 187lbs, July 09 173lbs, target Sept 09 160lbs.

Signature line so appears automatically, just another way of making sure I don't slack off on the cycling or the weight loss. Once target is achieved it will vanish. So, no actual need, but a little added incentive for me.:?:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

I'm doing a sportive this weekend, but most weekends (Saturday mornings) I do a 40 or 50 miler (from Anniesland) that takes in the Campsies. If anyone is up for that it would be great to have some company.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Jim_Noir

magnatom said:
I'm doing a sportive this weekend, but most weekends (Saturday mornings) I do a 40 or 50 miler (from Anniesland) that takes in the Campsies. If anyone is up for that it would be great to have some company.

I'd be up for it one weekend. But I don't want you filming me struggeling up hill like ;)

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Jim_Noir said:
I'd be up for it one weekend. But I don't want you filming me struggeling up hill like ;)

Your all right. I don't take the camera with me. The extra weight reduces my speed going up Tak Ma Doon from 5mp to 4mph!:biggrin:

I'll let you know when I am next heading out.

Top Bottom