Hillbillys on the loose in London (help!)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy Morris

hello All. Looking for some guidance. Next week, Myself & a friend are doing the London to Paris. We are planning on driving down to Slough the day before where we can park my van at a friends. Anyway we need to get ourselves + our bikes & small amount of luggage from Slough to Crystal Palace (our hotel). I have no knowledge of London, I'll be like Crocodile Dundee in New York! Whats the best way for us to make the journey? we dont mind riding (if safe enough to do so) or whatever. Can we use the train? Guess Im after local knowledge on this one.

thanks in advance!

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Trains from Slough come into London Paddington, best bet is to ride down to London Victoria and get the train to Crystal Palace from there.

http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/user/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2?language=en

that would be a good place to start looking for a route from Paddington to Victoria - it can give you less full on routes away from big junctions and roundabouts (takes a bit longer). When are you guys getting in? Bear in mind that off peak is the only time you'll be able to bring bikes on - after 9:30am -10:00am and 7:00pm -6:30pm (check with the train company as they're all slightly different)

OP
OP
Andy Morris

Andy Morris

Excellent, thank you both very much. We sat down today & worked it all out. We spoke to our hotel and they are willing for us to leave my car there for a few days. Which makes it much easier.

Thanks for the website link, looks very useful as Im hoping to do a bit of touring next year.

Top Bottom