Hip pain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
As an aid to considering if it is cold getting to you or some other problem, rather than adding more layers and roasting your whole body, have you thought about a heat pad on the affected area underneath your tights or shorts? Something like those you can buy for your back. If the affected area is on the side where the femur meets the pelvic bone, a heat pad there would not interfere with the padding in your tights/shorts.
Depending upon your riding speed I would have thought such a pad would provide warmth for an 11 miler.

Broadside

Guru
When I got hip pain 5 years ago it turned out to be a hip impingement! It is surprisingly common and often results in earlier than necessary hip replacement.

Mine was relatively easily fixed with some keyhole surgery. It wasn't actually the cycling that made it worse, it was fully flexing the joint such as crouching down. I wonder if the yoga might be contributing to the problem?

steve50

Disenchanted Member
Any alternatives to a foam roller? I'm skint lol :smile:
Wooden rolling pin wrapped in foam pipe cladding or similar.

Travs

Might be good to get some more details.
When you say hip pain - do you mean joint or muscle? And whereabouts in the area - front, side, back, deep inside or near the surface? Does it start during the ride or sometime after? The next day? And all the time or just when you're performing a certain movement (ie walking, standing up, sitting down etc.)

Top Bottom