Hipster advice required

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Completely non-cycle related.

Can somebody please tell me if there's a cool way of turning around in the street without looking/feeling like an idiot. You know the scenario, you've gone the wrong way or you've forgotten something, etc

I've tried just turning 180 but feel like a mentalist. I've tried the elaborate miming of waving hands to demonstrate I've forgotten something but this is not much better.

I'm a fully grown adult, mortgage, kids, own business, rarely care what people think about me, but still can't get this one right!

Pretend to answer, or read a message on, your phone.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
There is no cool way as you put it. Whatever you do you will look like a muppet and the more you wave your arms around and or pat your pockets, the more of an idiot you will look.

Just turn around for gods sake, act like a man and go back, minus all, the gesticulating.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
The choices are basically
a) Max Wall: kick one leg out front, then whip it back, using the gained momentum to enable you to swivel round on the other foot, thus executing a stylish, nay, potentially amusing about-turn for the delectation and entertainment of both passers-by and yourself. It helps if you are wearing tights, monkey boots, and have a protruding posterior aspect and very receded hairline.
b) Michael Jackson: moonwalk backwards (or is it forwards? I can never tell) down the street, then (just as you touch the brim of your trilby), grab your undercarriage with your 'spare' (possibly gloved) hand,, sing 'ow' and do a smart about turn.
:thumbsup:

OP
OP
M

Markymark

The choices are basically
a) Max Wall: kick one leg out front, then whip it back, using the gained momentum to enable you to swivel round on the other foot, thus executing a stylish, nay, potentially amusing about-turn for the delectation and entertainment of both passers-by and yourself. It helps if you are wearing tights, monkey boots, and have a protruding posterior aspect and very receded hairline.
b) Michael Jackson: moonwalk backwards (or is it forwards? I can never tell) down the street, then (just as you touch the brim of your trilby), grab your undercarriage with your 'spare' (possibly gloved) hand,, sing 'ow' and do a smart about turn.
:thumbsup:
c) Something a bit like this from the Daddy of cool, Mr T?

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Oh FFS.
If this is what people are worrying about, no wonder society is on an inevitable downward spiral to oblivion.

Just turn round.
No-one cares.

:smile:

ASC1951

Guru
[QUOTE 2936470, member: 9609"]wait till a pretty woman walks past then turn and follow her.[/quote]Some years ago I did exactly that .... and with my eyes firmly fixed on her I walked smack into a road sign. It gave me such a fearful crack on the side of the swede that I thought at first some unseen boyfriend had tried to deck me.

Cyclist33

Completely non-cycle related.

Can somebody please tell me if there's a cool way of turning around in the street without looking/feeling like an idiot. You know the scenario, you've gone the wrong way or you've forgotten something, etc

I've tried just turning 180 but feel like a mentalist. I've tried the elaborate miming of waving hands to demonstrate I've forgotten something but this is not much better.

I'm a fully grown adult, mortgage, kids, own business, rarely care what people think about me, but still can't get this one right!

Either stop, whip out a phone or camera, and take a series of shots that involve turning around and going back; or stop nonchalantly, pull out a cigarette, light it, take a pause then turn back and head off the way you came.

Cyclist33

[QUOTE 2936578, member: 259"]Pretend that you've been stung on your bum by a wasp and hop around from foot to foot going "ow!" in a loud voice, gradually turning as you do so.[/quote]

Better still. Persuade a wasp to sting you on your bum then hop around in genuine hagony before clutching your swollen cheek and hobbling off home.

Top Bottom