Hipster advice required

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
how is this hipster advice?
did you hear about the hipster that kept burning his tongue? he'd drink his coffee before it was cool.

you could always be exceptionally british, stop, look at your phone, look surprised then turn about 180 and walk off.

the very british trait i suffer from is waving to someone who's waving at me, only to realise they're actually waving at someone else...:banghead:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Why are you worried what other people think. Just turn around and go the way that you want to go.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
I recently walked purposely into my local pet shop only to find myself deep inside the card shop next door with the owner looking expectantly at me.

In a similar vein, I once accidentally cycled onto the drive on the right (pic below) instead of down the alleyway I normally use just next to it, on my way home from work one night. Reckon I'd have got away with it had the bemused home owner not been stood on his step smoking a fag!

commute pic.jpg

Julia9054

Guru
I frequently walk down a shopping street, go into a shop, come out and have no idea whether to turn left or right to continue the direction I was walking. My children think it's hilarious.
At school, I stride down the corridor and often "overshoot" my lab door. In front of a whole bunch of kids!
It's just the way my brain is(isn't) wired!

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
round
raʊnd/

adverb
Brit.
adverb: round
  1. 1.
    so as to rotate or cause rotation; with circular motion.
    "a plane circled round overhead"
    • so as to cover or take in the whole area surrounding a particular centre.
      "she paused to glance round admiringly at the décor"
    • so as to reach everyone in a particular group or area.
      "he passed round a newspaper cutting"
  2. 2.
    so as to rotate and face in the opposite direction.
    "he swung round to face her"
The biggest threat to society and western civilisation is..... ;)
Kylie ? She makes me dribble . Na na na na na naaaa na naaaaa na naaaaa na :thumbsup:
Actually , its probably not a good idea to think about Kylie and then rush back home . It might look wrong !

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
I've tried just turning 180 but feel like a mentalist. I've tried the elaborate miming of waving hands to demonstrate I've forgotten something but this is not much better.

Put finger in ear say "Roger Roger Zero Alpha" as you turn and go in other direction... unless you have small people with you, if you have small people you can turn and announce loudly to them the reason why you have to go back...

MarkF

Guru
Wish I'd turned around last night. Rode up to Morrison's (because their milk is £3 for 3 x 4L :rolleyes:). Put them in my basket and set off for the self service checkout, sure I heard a couple of people call me, but I carried on. At the till I had 2 x 4L and 1 x 1L, with a white milk trail all the way back through the store and a great big puddle where I'd flicked through CA.

Last edited:

A Cyclist

Über Member
Look behind, stop and pretend to tie your shoe lace while casually changing direction, walk back in the direction you came in. If there is anyone watching you, might think
you lost your direction due to the shoe lace and will open a thread 'could shoe lace change direction?' in a forum to discuss which may be considered cool.

Skip the whole thing if you are wearing sandals, not my fault, you should have worn shoes.

Top Bottom