1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Historic Commercial Vehicles 6th May 2018 London to Brighton

Discussion in 'CycleChat and Recreational Rides' started by bobcolover, 16 Apr 2018 at 23:30.

Tags:
  1. bobcolover

bobcolover Senior Member

A ride some cyclechat friends have done in the past and might want to do again
    following the same route as the November L to B vintage car run
    route here; no Ditchling beacon involved; tea/coffee/ breakfast stop in Crawley.

http://www.hcvs.co.uk/images/Brighton 2018 route.jpg

The commercial vehicles leave Crystal Palace 7-9 am

We could meet at Streatham Common petrol station opposite Sainsburys on the A23 junction with Streatham Common Southside
    say 7.30 for a 7.45 start
    and cycle in and amongst the Historic Commercial Vehicles

any expressions of interest would be welcome.

speed; extremely sociable

Traditionally followed by fish and chips in Brighton [on the beach if the weather is good enough]

I've caught the train back to London and as numbers have been small never had any trouble getting the recumbent on the train.

The small print, just as a reminder: This is not a formal ride under the auspices of any club. We will be just a bunch of friends on a ride together and my role will be simply to guide you round a route. As such, you will be riding under your own insurance.

as its the first time i have posted a ride any pms for my phone number etc
    are welcome
    as are a hints and tips on any aspect of ride organisation/etiquette

Salty seadog likes this.
  2. rb58

rb58 Enigma

I hope to be there. Will let you know whether i’ll join at Crystal Palace or Streatham.

Salty seadog likes this.
  3. Salty seadog

Salty seadog Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)

Hey Bob, I reckon I could be there too. Never had my picture taken so much as riding alongside you to Brighton last year since I won Mr Universe some years ago.

4. Salty seadog

Salty seadog Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)

Anyone tell me a easy place to park for free near East Croydon, maybe Crystal Palace on a Sunday for the day?

@Adrian

5. OP
    OP
    bobcolover

bobcolover Senior Member

no parking restrictions around streatham common

Salty seadog likes this.
  6. Nick Saddlesore

Nick Saddlesore Active Member

Intending to meet you at Streatham. I hope we are not then heading back ⏫ to Crystal Palace.
    Might be accompanied by a couple of unknown others.