Historic Commercial Vehicles 6th May 2018 London to Brighton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A ride some cyclechat friends have done in the past and might want to do again
following the same route as the November L to B vintage car run
route here; no Ditchling beacon involved; tea/coffee/ breakfast stop in Crawley.

http://www.hcvs.co.uk/images/Brighton 2018 route.jpg

The commercial vehicles leave Crystal Palace 7-9 am

We could meet at Streatham Common petrol station opposite Sainsburys on the A23 junction with Streatham Common Southside
say 7.30 for a 7.45 start
and cycle in and amongst the Historic Commercial Vehicles

any expressions of interest would be welcome.

speed; extremely sociable

Traditionally followed by fish and chips in Brighton [on the beach if the weather is good enough]

I've caught the train back to London and as numbers have been small never had any trouble getting the recumbent on the train.

The small print, just as a reminder: This is not a formal ride under the auspices of any club. We will be just a bunch of friends on a ride together and my role will be simply to guide you round a route. As such, you will be riding under your own insurance.

as its the first time i have posted a ride any pms for my phone number etc
are welcome
as are a hints and tips on any aspect of ride organisation/etiquette

rb58

Enigma
I hope to be there. Will let you know whether i’ll join at Crystal Palace or Streatham.

Nick Saddlesore

Über Member
Intending to meet you at Streatham. I hope we are not then heading back ⏫ to Crystal Palace.
Might be accompanied by a couple of unknown others.

Nick Saddlesore

Über Member
Sorry, bowing out in the interest of domestic harmony (or as near as we get).

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
I think that petrol station where you're meeting is where the Hotrods meet up too. If so can someone get some pics please

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Might pop along, but only might...I'm doing my night IOW ride on Friday night, and Sundays after all nighters tend to be somewhat dozy affairs for me....

OP
OP
B

bobcolover

Guru
Ok so now it turns out [ wasnt the case when I proposed the ride] that there are the inevitable engineering works going on on the railway between Three Bridges and Gatwick. This means there is a bus service between the two. Its a distance of less than 4 miles. My proposal is that you can cycle the gap on the return. either together or separately depending on when you want to leave Brighton.
If its a nice day then it wont be a major inconvenience and it is Bank Holiday Monday the next day.
Hope to see you Sunday
Bob C

Top Bottom