England : London Historical Commercial Vehicle Run: Crystal Palace - Brighton, Sunday 03/05/15

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User10571

Hats off to you Tim,
Unfortunately, when I ride Through Weather for 48 weeks of the year, regardless of what it is doing, I tend to get a bit picky about conditions for my recreational mileage...
As I'm sure you'll understand...
Looks like I'll be having an indoor breakfast with Handbag (she was toying with the idea of joining the ride)
I'll miss not seeing your new, blue, fixer - but I'm sure other opportunities will arise.
I have a moby number for Ian, if your post does not elicit a response....
Have a fab ride

Due to oxygen issues, it would be very foolish to try riding to Brighton. However, we may (very much depending on the weather) ride out to Purley to say hello, and watch the lorries rumble past for a spell :smile:

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
stand by incoming alert..................................................................................

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
About 2 weeks ago I was lying in hospital thinking I've missed this ride,so hatched a plan to get up to Crystal Palace and just take some pics there. Seriously I don't know anyone who enjoys getting up early on a sunday except me.

So 5am look out the window, rain sod that. 5.30 it stopped, check TFL there's a 6.30 bus that gets to CP for 7,oh yes.
Arm in sling, I limped down to the bus stop. 2 hours sitting on a wet wall a few snaps and i'm off home.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7fqbtU

My shoulder really hurts now
tc1

Last edited:
U

User10571

I knew this ride was Your Big Thing, TC.
So when I read of your unfortunate off a couple of weeks ago, your missing this ride was one of the first things which sprang to mind.
Chapeau to you for getting your broken self to the Palace for the start.
Shame on me for being put off by the forecast and a couple of days of tummy bug.
Nice pics. Thanks.
Heal swiftly, Dave.

Top Bottom