Hit and Run in Knightsbridge. Cyclist chases down motorist.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

If Fridays commute was anything to go by, this footage is says it all. The Driver in this particular suggests he normally drives like this. Close passes are lethal and unacceptable. In the footage the Driver can be seen speeding past me less than 1 metre and he then proceeds a further 25 meters or so and surely enough Hits the cyclist with his left wing mirror...

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Driving like this happens, even had an arse try to side swipe me with his Merc tonight on my way home from Wales in a CAR....

Is this one of these spoof comedy shows?

I am a regular cyclist (and driver) in that part of London - and have been so for over thirty years.

The driving was poor-to-middling, but by no means unusual.

The headcammer appeared (to my untrained eye) slightly madder than a box of slightly mad frogs.

He was passed quite closely, as were the other cyclists, but these things happen.

He then barged past on the inside of the 'victim', shouting about stopping the driver. It all got slightly weird.

I was unaware initially that the horn was on the headcammer's bicycle. Its use was bizarre, intimidatory and excessive.

The driver appeared to accept he'd driven badly, but this was not enough for our vigilante of truth and justice.

Bizarrely, having honked and yelled for some time, he steps beyond irony by telling the bemused driver to stop shouting.

I couldn't watch to the end, so I have no idea whether the 'victim' appeared.

This cyclo-vigilante doesn't represent me, doesn't dignify cycling and doesn't make the roads safer. I think he's very clever to do all that shouting and riding and honking and amateur policing... But if it's for anything more than entertainment, it has me baffled.

Mr McHenry

Who was driving like a lunatic? The head cam nerd (with SIX cameras)?.. Undertaking avnother rider at speed with only an 18 inch gap..blaring horns contra to the HC. Acting like he's some kind of self apointed traffic authority..

Im always puzzled at the motivation of anyone who videos their daily commute and the goes home and makes titled YouTube posts about it.. Get a f**king life!

jarlrmai

Veteran
Right or wrong, It's what happens when there is minimal enforcement of the traffic laws when applied to cyclists, some people feel the need to do this. In my view head cams are a symptom of poor enforcement and of a poor attitude to cyclists on our roads.

Some people have never been knocked off or intimidated/threatened and then had no action taken when it was reported, due to no evidence etc or a battle of words or just plain that the police didn't give a shoot, some people have and don't want to be there again. Some people maybe have and don't care, that's fine.

Did you miss that the driver clipped with his wing mirror a cyclist up ahead of the cammer? The debate wasn't about the close pass it was about the contact made with the other cyclist.

sabian92

Über Member
I hate Droid.

He's one loud mouth comment away from a twat round the head and I can't say I would blame the guy who did it. He thinks he's a vigilante doing good when all he does is antagonise drivers and make an already poor image of cyclists worse by acting like an arse on a bike.

I think most people seem to have missed the fact that Traffic Droid has joined the forum and is actually the original poster for this post.

I wonder if the comments would have been so directly rude if they had realised!

TD - welcome, and I did comment on your welcome post that commuting can get worse than YouTube comments sometimes!

Mr McHenry

I think most people seem to have missed the fact that Traffic Droid has joined the forum and is actually the original poster for this post.

I'm not one of them.

I hate Droid.

He's one loud mouth comment away from a twat round the head and I can't say I would blame the guy who did it. He thinks he's a vigilante doing good when all he does is antagonise drivers and make an already poor image of cyclists worse by acting like an arse on a bike.

Couldn't agree more.

Top Bottom