Hit and run ish

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good for you stopping the driver etc I see it far too often that most people don't give a shoot. My daughter was hit and run twice ( when 16). both times the only people who stopped were OAP's everyone else drove around her whilst shelay in the road. Which may show something significant about the younger generations. Yet again well done.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Now now chaps ! We all know what Phaeton meant.

Driver was possibly not insured/licenced to drive - there are 'pool' cars being used by some families. Your photo should clear up any mis-understandings as to who was driving.

It's a sad case of society. The driver that broke my spine drove off, but decided he had better stop, but not till travelling some way down the road.

Glad you stopped them, as drivers like this need removing from the road.

Johnno260

Veteran
in my area drivers don't care, I fell off avoiding a car that didn't stop on a mini round about they drove off, and the car behind just leaned on his horn, then drove round me on the floor almost crushing my hand..

DSK

Great that you stopped to help, its so nice when someone does this for one who is left in a position where they cannot help themselves.

Perhaps the driver/car was illegal in some way hence the hesitation to go/stop (sadly working with auto insurers for investigations, a LOT of vehicles are cloned/false plated etc).

The mother of the victim sounded calm under the circumstances and I hope the child recovers quickly and is able to get back on a bike without too much distress.

DRM

Guru
A significant part of society seem to care only about themselves; if they can get away with it they will.

And yes, where I live the 'own race' only element happens all too much.

Well done for helping, which is what we should be doing.
Exactly this, sadly some members of society seem to think they can do what they want without a care in the world, lack of car insurance being one of them or using a pool car, well done for stopping to help & I hope your photo stitches the actual driver up good and proper

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Exactly this, sadly some members of society seem to think they can do what they want without a care in the world, lack of car insurance being one of them or using a pool car, well done for stopping to help & I hope your photo stitches the actual driver up good and proper

It goes on all the time. There are people 'hiring' super cars in Manchester without adequate insurance (i.e. non) - the cops pull loads on Deansgate at it appears to be 'cool' to sit in traffic with a rapidly over heating supercar making lots of noise. This is just like the 'pool' cars.

I see lots of 'students' being picked up from Uni, by similarly aged 'young adults' in very nice cars etc. It's a nightmare trying to cross the mainly pedestrianised area without getting run over. - Mum and Dad's leased car has been 'borrowed'... Wish I could afford a car like that working at the same Uni at a Senior level... erm no - no joke, the students 'arrive' in way better cars than the staff.

This is where the 'driver swapping' is etc.... good on the OP for the level head, oh and massive cudos for catching them - on the bike !!! HERO !!!

Top Bottom