Hit and run ish

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Veteran
Just to echo what others have said. Get the photo and your witness statement to the Police. Your observation very likely explains why the driver attempted to drive off - she was not meant to be driving. She could be disqualified, uninsured, unlicensed etc. Pregnant or not, hitting a kid then driving off is pretty despicable, and well done for stopping them.

DRM

Guru
It goes on all the time. There are people 'hiring' super cars in Manchester without adequate insurance (i.e. non) - the cops pull loads on Deansgate at it appears to be 'cool' to sit in traffic with a rapidly over heating supercar making lots of noise. This is just like the 'pool' cars.

I see lots of 'students' being picked up from Uni, by similarly aged 'young adults' in very nice cars etc. It's a nightmare trying to cross the mainly pedestrianised area without getting run over. - Mum and Dad's leased car has been 'borrowed'... Wish I could afford a car like that working at the same Uni at a Senior level... erm no - no joke, the students 'arrive' in way better cars than the staff.

This is where the 'driver swapping' is etc.... good on the OP for the level head, oh and massive cudos for catching them - on the bike !!! HERO !!!
It’s exactly the same in Bradford, was sat in Starbucks on Rooley Lane, when all of a sudden there was lots of revving from the petrol station next door, where a Ferrari, Lamborghini & an Audi R8 where having their engines thrashed to death whilst queuing at the pumps, all good fun, photos taken then off to the wedding they went, at quite a rate of knots too.

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Update ...
Got a letter from the police today asking for my statement so called and told them i have a photo .
So email sent with my suspicions that they have changed who was driving and the picture .
Half the witness statement filled out . Boy those things take some time but hey ho .

Top Bottom