Hit and run story - Words almost fail me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Awful. And it's pretty depressing that the restaurant staff didn't think to either tip off the police or stop him driving.

compo

Veteran
He may be out in 4 years but because of the length of his sentence the offence will never become "spent" which will impact on his life in a number of negative ways, including jobs, housing, and insurance.

OP
OP
Gixxerman

Gixxerman

Guru
He may be out in 4 years but because of the length of his sentence the offence will never become "spent" which will impact on his life in a number of negative ways, including jobs, housing, and insurance.
And lack of sleep too I hope.
What I find particularly hard to stomach is the total contempt this poor excuse for a man had for the life of another innocent human being.
I know it is difficult to know all the in and outs just from the story. However, it seems to me that he had very little regard for what he had done. I cannot fathom how anyone could be so callous.

Last edited:
The saddest thing about this is that is was all so preventable.

The guy appeared drunk
He had botched the last job "because he was drunk"
"His eyes were glazed and his speech was slurred. Everything about him said he was drunk."
He drove into a parked car in the car park, failed to stop and drove off.

Whilst I could see that trying to stop a moving vehicle was dangerous, but why given the damage to a customer's car was this not reported to the Police?

I know it is only conjecture, but the victim could be alive if this had happened?

WellyWonkey

I f***ing despair reading stories like this. It's bad enough being hit at a reasonable speed which is usually survivable, it hurts and there a cuts, bruises and broken bones sometimes. However to be hit at that speed from behind is utterly inexcusable. The poor lad didn't stand a chance, hopefully he won't have known a thing about it. No mother should have to go through that experience. I admit, accidents can and do happen unfortunately, but this sort of reckless behaviour deserves NO SECOND CHANCE. Ban forever, 20 years minimum for me. Thought he'd hit a deer, my arse! That old chestnut gets used far too often when a driver f**ks up!
I'm fuming, my thoughts go out to the lad's poor family. Hope the knobhead driver has a really poor quality existence for the rest of his miserable life.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I f***ing despair reading stories like this. It's bad enough being hit at a reasonable speed which is usually survivable, it hurts and there a cuts, bruises and broken bones sometimes. However to be hit at that speed from behind is utterly inexcusable. The poor lad didn't stand a chance, hopefully he won't have known a thing about it. No mother should have to go through that experience. I admit, accidents can and do happen unfortunately, but this sort of reckless behaviour deserves NO SECOND CHANCE. Ban forever, 20 years minimum for me. Thought he'd hit a deer, my arse! That old chestnut gets used far too often when a driver f**ks up!
I'm fuming, my thoughts go out to the lad's poor family. Hope the ******** driver has a really poor quality existence for the rest of his miserable life.

here here.... he knew he was over the limit, but decided to drive regardless. Drink driving offences that lead to loss of life should be treated the same as murder.

Crankarm

Guru
What I don't understand is why the numptees at the CPS only went for causing death by careless driving and NOT causing death by dangerous driving? The driver was pi$$ed and driving at 70mph in a 50mph. The cyclist was wearing hi-viz clothing. His driving wasn't careless it was blatantly f*****g dangerous. Pi$$ed and driving at a speed far in excess of the speed limit plus he didn't stop leaving the cyclist for dead. What a scumbag. He should be doing a minimum of 20 years and life time driving ban. I would pay more tax if it meant scum such as this got very lengthy sentences and I would make visits to see how my money was being spent to ensure they were being treated sufficiently harshly.

Top Bottom