hit and run

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I dislike the way they word the article: "was in collision with a vehicle" makes it sound like it was his fault.:thumbsdown:

I suspect he hasn't been back coz everyone keeps going on at him about not going straight to A&E.:whistle:

I hope the aches are getting better @Crankarm and would be interested to hear if there is any update of any sort.
Typical crass reporting in the ET, fortunately I escaped a similar crass article when I was hit the other evening in broad daylight and fortunately the driver stopped IMC. I didn't have injuries severe enough to go to A&E but after reading this thread I let the paramedics make the decision.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Typical crass reporting in the ET, fortunately I escaped a similar crass article when I was hit the other evening in broad daylight and fortunately the driver stopped IMC. I didn't have injuries severe enough to go to A&E but after reading this thread I let the paramedics make the decision.
I seem to have missed that.:ohmy: What happened?

I seem to have missed that.:ohmy: What happened?
Out of town on the Walton Road heading towards the Village of Marholm (here) about 5:40pm on Wednesday, somebebody came into the back of me. I thought it was going to be a H&R too as I was lying in the road but I think it just they were going that fast it took time to stop :ohmy: Their excuse for not seeing the bright red Gilet, blue foldable bag, flashing 7 LED and yellow tyre the sun was in their eyes and they forgot their sunglasses. FFS, I think they needed glases of another type; have they never heard of pulling the visor down and slowing down :sad: The bike took it quite well, better than their wing mirror (is it wrong of me to hope its an expensive electric one). My right calf was instantly in pain but thank god I quickly determined as the paramedics confirmed nothing was broken, next day it had't got any better which worried me but today thankfully its a dull ache rather than an excruciating pain. I've got a dull sore head but I think thats more the trauma and lack of sleep rather than an impact. I got a few minor cuts to my knee and knuckles; the knuckles look bad and are still weeping fluid today but they actually aren't that bad. In all honesty in the past I would have picked myself up and limped home preferring that NHS time and resources are used on more pressing matters but after reading this thread, I decided to get an ambulance called when asked. Its just a pity the NHS can't bill the driver for their time.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I'm glad it wasn't worse than that @HLaB. The excuse the driver gave is pretty poor, but unfortunately seems to be a common one at this time of year.

I'm starting to wonder whether there ought to be a penalty for causing an avoidable accident - regardless of whether anyone is hurt. It might help a few people think about their actions a bit more.

classic33

Leg End Member
I dislike the way they word the article: "was in collision with a vehicle" makes it sound like it was his fault.:thumbsdown:

I suspect he hasn't been back coz everyone keeps going on at him about not going straight to A&E.:whistle:

I hope the aches are getting better @Crankarm and would be interested to hear if there is any update of any sort.
@Rickshaw Phil
IF you look at the majority of posts, trying to get him to visit the A&E, were posted within the first few hours after the incident.
I even said
I'll alpogise if people feel I came down too hard on @Crankarm, but its been done to try & get himself checked. Other than the mention in the cut & paste, I've only mentioned his bike in passing, given what he posted this was one time worrying/fretting about the loss of a bike wasn't worth bothering about when compared to what happenned to the rider.
What good is a bike if you can no longer ride it? My priority was to try & get the person to have himself checked over.
There's the time difference, slight, but its there.

See also
Saturday at 16:21

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Has anyone seen or heard from him in the past week?

Hope he's OK.

classic33

Leg End Member
He's not been back since the night of the 5th October. Even then he was complaining of feeling tired and of course sore.
I keep on coming back to this page in the hope that he's posted a further update, but sofar nothing.

I echo the thoughts of many, I hope, on here in hoping he's ok. But until we hear from him the silence must go on.

Edit:
On a lighter note, maybe he took the advice & bought a lottery ticket!

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
He's not been back since the night of the 5th October. Even then he was complaining of feeling tired and of course sore.
I keep on coming back to this page in the hope that he's posted a further update, but sofar nothing.

I echo the thoughts of many, I hope, on here in hoping he's ok. But until we hear from him the silence must go on.

Edit:
On a lighter note, maybe he took the advice & bought a lottery ticket!
News report will change if anything did happen.

robjh

Legendary Member
Out of town on the Walton Road heading towards the Village of Marholm (here) about 5:40pm on Wednesday, somebebody came into the back of me. I thought it was going to be a H&R too as I was lying in the road but I think it just they were going that fast it took time to stop :ohmy: .........

Sorry to hear about your 'accident' Adrian but glad you're not too badly hurt. It could happen to any of us - with no car-collisions in 30 years I guess I must have had my share of good luck but incidents like yours and Crankarm's are always in the back of my mind.

Top Bottom