hit and run

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sara_H

Guru
Thanks. You may well be right. I will see how I feel in the morning, very stiff I should imagine. Maybe make an appointment to see my GP.

I just feel angry that some one can be so incompetent to drive into the back of me and then such a low life as to drive off when I am lying possibly seriously injured in the road. I have an Exposure Red rear light powered by their triple cell which is extremely bright. Every one else at night passes with a very large margin. It is unforgivable not to stop when you have clearly hit some one. Plus there is all the reflective Scotchlite on my panniers and on my jacket.
Sounds like a hit to me. Do you have enemies? :ph34r:
Seriously, hope you're ok.

classic33

Leg End Member
Sounds like a hit to me. Do you have enemies? :ph34r:
Seriously, hope you're ok.
I think you're watching too much TV!!

classic33

Leg End Member
That's bloody awful Cranky, that road is locally known as the mad mile isn't it, as its a long straight drivers tend to floor it along there, thankfully this driver didn't!
I'd be tempted to look around the old wyton base housing estate and trailer park for a damaged car! There are a few businesses down there that might have cameras on the road. I hope they catch the barsteward.

It's made it to the CEN/local paper. See the comment someone made...

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Hun...untingdonshire-hit-and-run-20131004154944.htm

"tegwen
04/10/2013 16:08
Rebecca Chicot getting here own back!"

I guess its a joke but...huh?
Now also on aboutmyarea.
http://www.aboutmyarea.co.uk/Cambri.../259293-Cyclist-Injured-In-Non-Stop-Collision
Word is slowly spreading about this.

classic33

Leg End Member
Nothing from him since his last post, 20:48 last Saturday. I don't think he's even been back since.
Not knowing if he's okay after what he posted is the part that gets me. Was he hurt more than he thought at the time & has it caught him out?

Well, whatever the reason for his silence, I hope he's not too bad & is using the time to get over he's injuries.

Last edited:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I dislike the way they word the article: "was in collision with a vehicle" makes it sound like it was his fault.

To be fair though, the article's first sentence makes it clear:

"A cyclist was injured after being knocked from his bike in a hit and run collision..."
Hopefully he'll be back soon.

GC

Top Bottom