hit and run

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Scum bastards, u hope you are ok Crankie.

MisterStan

Label Required
Morning Crankarm. That's terrible news.

Being a local, can I ask if you were just past St Ives going towards Huntingdon? Before the Wyton turning? Reason I ask is that I find that's the worst place on my commute for close passes, coming both ways.

Give us an update on your situation once you've been to the docs.

GWS.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Sorry to hear about this Crankarm. I hope you'll be okay and that the police catch the bastard.

It doesn't sound like the bike will be fixable which is sad but at least it took the worst of the impact rather than you.

Origamist

Legendary Member
Heal up soon, Crankers.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

When you sort the bike, make one of the replacement parts an item slightly better than the one you'd normally have... that way you get a silver lining to your cloud. I do that after a smash and it always helps.

I hope this works out well for you.

BSRU

A Human Being
Hit and run drivers are the lowest of the low, I hope they catch them and actually successfully prosecute resulting in jail time:angry:.

There was a recent local case where someone was hit by a "hit and run" driver and left to die by the side of the road, the pedestrian could have been saved if the emergency services had been called at the time.

Paul99

Über Member
GWS matey. The worst type of scum wouldn't stop to check if you are o.k.. Hope that they get what's coming to them.

akb

Veteran
Rest easy and hope you heal soon.

Maybe get your self a lotto ticket for tomorrow nights draw too (although going to now cost you £2!) Sounds luck a nasty knock that you went through without any serious injuries.

Radchenister

Veteran
Bad news, hope you get well soon; won't get all preachy but do consider getting your injuries recorded by a medical professional, I've Rule #5'd it and shrugged this sort of thing off previously, which in hind sight was a mistake.

Last edited:
Top Bottom