hit and run

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gains84

GWS crankarm sounds like A&E is the better option than trying to grin and bear it and regret it later!

On an aside can i just say how much i love your avatar Classic, running alongside your medical prompts it should get the point across!lol

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Bloody hell. Hope your injuries are only superficial, and I also hope the police can trace the driver. What a horrible excuse for a human.

As others have said, do please get yourself medically checked out. There may be some damage that you can't detect yourself.

Schneil

Veteran
Police are now trying to trace the car. It won't be going very far as there was what looked like engine coolant on the road from the impact which likely caused damage to it's radiator or adjacent pipework meaning it is now leaking and must also have caused quite a bit of damage to the front bumper, shattered the number plate, etc.

Is there any of the car's pantwork on your bike?
The make model and year could be traced from that?

Hope your injuries turn out to be minor, but I have to agree with a lot of the comments on here. A trip to A&E is required, I would suspect your doctor will suggest you go along just to have a few X-rays and rule out anything serious.
As for the driver, let's hope they catch him pronto. I just can't understand the mentality of a person who after hitting someone with a vehicle, can just drive away leaving them injured.

GWS

Schneil

Veteran
Perhaps; he's not wrong though. The trouble is you'd need to have been killed to get that level of forensic investigation.

GC

Paint colours are usually specific to car manufacturers, and then they only run that colour for 2-3 years on certain models.
eg here's one for my car. http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?code=LB5T&manuf=Volkswagen&rows=50

Perhaps for a full forensic invesigation the OP would have had to have been killed (..GWS crankarm...)
However it would be worth keeping the bike as-is until the investigation is over as it's evidence, the colour if the paint might be an obvious match to a suspect car.

classic33

Leg End Member
I'll alpogise if people feel I came down too hard on @Crankarm, but its been done to try & get himself checked. Other than the mention in the cut & paste, I've only mentioned his bike in passing, given what he posted this was one time worrying/fretting about the loss of a bike wasn't worth bothering about when compared to what happenned to the rider.
What good is a bike if you can no longer ride it? My priority was to try & get the person to have himself checked over.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
:eek:

Bloody hell Cranks......get yourself to the quacks pronto kidda.

Have you got any info we could get a viral tweet campaign going to find the farking scum that did this?
Time, date, road, place, direction of travel, point of impact, car make, model, colour, occupants, full or partial reg, any features/stickers/lights/mods that might be easy to ID? Any CCTV in the area? Petrol stations/supermarets along your route before and after that might have got the car?

classic33

Leg End Member

Have you got any info we could get a viral tweet campaign going to find the f***ing scum that did this?
Time, date, road, place, direction of travel, point of impact, car make, model, colour, occupants, full or partial reg, any features/stickers/lights/mods that might be easy to ID? Any CCTV in the area? Petrol stations/supermarets along your route before and after that might have got the car?
Tried to convince him for over an hour last night to forget the bike and go and get himself checked out at his local A&E. Now the fact that ther's only been silence all afternoon doesn't look too good. I keep on hoping I'm wrong & that he'll be the next to post, but sofar silence! Not good.
@ComedyPilot, how do you suggest we get this out to a wider audience? I picked on you because you suggested it.

Last edited:

Davidc

Guru
GWS Crankarm

Hit and Run drivers are the lowest, hope the police get the culprit, but sadly they usually don't.

You sound as if you've had more than your fair share of collisions over the years. Here's hoping that changes.

Schneil

Veteran

Have you got any info we could get a viral tweet campaign going to find the f***ing scum that did this?

The police can do a press release for the local paper?
On obtaining CCTV, you can request it if you're on it. But I'm not sure a member of the general public can request CCTV that you're not in - might be a police job? However speed is of the essence, as people will delete security camera footage after a certain time.

On going viral. Facebook? Twitter? It helped a guy who got hit in Hale recently.

Schneil

Veteran
Also it might be worth getting someone to visit the crime scene.
I know this is a bit CSI but there could be tyre prints on the verge where the car pulled over.

Schneil

Veteran
I'll alpogise if people feel I came down too hard on @Crankarm, but its been done to try & get himself checked. Other than the mention in the cut & paste, I've only mentioned his bike in passing, given what he posted this was one time worrying/fretting about the loss of a bike wasn't worth bothering about when compared to what happenned to the rider.
What good is a bike if you can no longer ride it? My priority was to try & get the person to have himself checked over.

I don't think you were harsh. In such a situation your body can go into "get home to safety" mode with all the adrenaline. You don't realise how hurt you are until the next day. Smacking into tarmac at high speed could cause all sorts of injuries from broken bones, head injuries, or infections from simply being in contact with the tarmac.

Top Bottom