Hit and run

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Keep the receipt(s), and I hope you get it sorted. Although I'd not rely to heavily on the police to do anything.

J1888

Über Member
Am I the only person who thought 'porridge pot' was a term for something else?

Anyway, hope you're not badly injured - take it easy

Profpointy

Legendary Member
You've opened yourself up to a civil law case there and possibly undermined your own - I'd take the specific out of that post.

:smile:

Why so? Assuming the, witnessed remember, isn't a pack of lies, what possible civil action could the van driver make against the victim

Drago

Legendary Member
Update - the police have obtained the drivers details from the company that owns the van. They hope to get me the insurance details this week.

More updates from our fast paced legal system as they come in.

A properly authorised officer - usually roads policing bods - have access to a national insurance database via a telephone hotline. Your Bobby can find the insurers details with a phone call, or a phone call to another authorised officer to make the call for him. Provided its office hours they can get you the details in 15 minutes, never mind some time this week.

Tin Pot

Guru
Why so? Assuming the, witnessed remember, isn't a pack of lies, what possible civil action could the van driver make against the victim

Posting accusations on the internet can make you liable in a libel case. At this stage its nothing more than an accusation. If the criminal case finds them not guilty, they can sue you. That's if a criminal case ever happens.

Discussing the details of a court case can undermine the case.

classic33

Leg End Member
A properly authorised officer - usually roads policing bods - have access to a national insurance database via a telephone hotline. Your Bobby can find the insurers details with a phone call, or a phone call to another authorised officer to make the call for him. Provided its office hours they can get you the details in 15 minutes, never mind some time this week.
£4 will get you it just as quick.

vickster

Legendary Member
I am on a motorbike forum

The advice if you get knocked off was to stay on the ground and not move

Once they see you get up they scarper
That's all very well if there's no other traffic! When I was knocked off, there is no way I was going to lie in the middle of the A24 in the dark and get run over!

Top Bottom