Hit by a dead fish...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

tdr1nka said:
Great news!
So what was the charge in the end?

Culpable and Reckless Conduct: (def. Culpable and reckless acts which cause injury to others or which create a risk of injury.)

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

tdr1nka said:
Does this include the attacks on the other cyclist/s you mentioned?
It's refreshing to know it was all taken seriously by the Police.

So what next? Will you have to go to court?

Yes, it includes the other incident as well.
It took a bit of persistence on my part with the Police, but a successful progression :biggrin:

I'm not sure if it'll go to trial - they may plead guilty before that (or it may be dropped by the Procurator Fiscal ;) but I doubt it).

It may be quite amusing if it does go to trial...<I know all the solicitors and the Sheriff due to my job...in fact, if it does go to trial it may have to be heard by a visiting sheriff.>

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
*imagines opening scene of late seventies episode of 'Crown Court', Noodley stood in witness box with bike, a barrister holding up a fish by its tail conversing with the judge in sotto voice. Titles: 'The Visiting Sheriff And The Case Of The Flying Fish'. Cue music by Ennio Morricone*;)

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

tdr1nka said:
*imagines opening scene of late seventies episode of 'Crown Court', Noodley stood in witness box with bike, a barrister holding up a fish by its tail conversing with the judge in sotto voice. Titles: 'The Visiting Sheriff And The Case Of The Flying Fish'. Cue music by Ennio Morricone*:laugh:

I can just picture the face of the solicitor as I walk into court and the look of "oh feck" appearing on his/her face....:biggrin:

On a serious note, the other cyclist is still injured (4 weeks after the event) and unable to get about properly. I have been exchanging e-mails and had a few phone discussions with him - he describes the impact of the incident as "life changing" :?::sad:

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

tdr1nka said:
The other cyclist got hit the same way didn't he, and the van clipped his mirror.
Will he be up for some sort of compensation?

I think (well, I know he has as I advised him to) he has contacted CTC. He may also get some compensation via the court.

Top Bottom