Hit turning car while doing 30mph

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
What a scary moment, you must be very sore.
You are also a very lucky chap, go buy a lottery ticket right now!
GWS!!

gavgav

Guru
Yikes, didn't realise it was this serious, when I read the brief comment in "Your Ride Today"! Glad the injuries aren't more serious than those you've mentioned.

There are too many of us being knocked off at the moment. Take care out there all!!

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I know it's too soon after the event but i'm considering jacking cycling in,or at least road cycling. I've had far too many near misses lately,there's a lot of road works going on a round here for the next year or so due to this Pennine Road bus route. People are getting angry at waiting at traffic lights for ages then they take it out on easy targets like us cyclists! There are more and more cars on the roads and it's getting too dangerous for some of us.:sad:

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
I know it's too soon after the event but i'm considering jacking cycling in,or at least road cycling. I've had far too many near misses lately,there's a lot of road works going on a round here for the next year or so due to this Pennine Road bus route. People are getting angry at waiting at traffic lights for ages then they take it out on easy targets like us cyclists! There are more and more cars on the roads and it's getting too dangerous for some of us.:sad:

That would be a sad outcome. Give it a few days, and you'll be getting twitchy legs again. Once a road cyclist, it's in your blood. Take care, get yourself well again, and get back out there on the quietest roads you can find, and at the quietest times you can manage. All the best.

TVC

The police don't decide liability.
OK clumsy choice of wording, however they should be informing him which direction their evidence gathering was going. In my case, the Officer in charge was clear about where fault lay within an hour of the incident.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
That would be a sad outcome. Give it a few days, and you'll be getting twitchy legs again. Once a road cyclist, it's in your blood. Take care, get yourself well again, and get back out there on the quietest roads you can find, and at the quietest times you can manage. All the best.

I had twitchy legs yesterday as i saw a roadie fly past the house :smile:. You are right about it being in the blood,i've been doing it for 38 years but recently i've been some might say obsessively monitoring the vehicles that have come so close to me at serious speed. Maybe the thrill of road cycling is being outweighed by the fear of having my life ended.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
I had twitchy legs yesterday as i saw a roadie fly past the house :smile:. You are right about it being in the blood,i've been doing it for 38 years but recently i've been some might say obsessively monitoring the vehicles that have come so close to me at serious speed. Maybe the thrill of road cycling is being outweighed by the fear of having my life ended.
Don't let it put you off cycling. What about off-road?

The twitchy legs might mean you've got something else as well.

U

User33236

I'm assuming that the Police agree where liability lies. Do expect the driver's insurer to contact you and offer to provide you with legal representation. The sooner you get your own legal bod sorted the better, so they can make sure the insurer knows you are taking it seriously.
+1 on this. I had the driver's insurer contact me yesterday after, less that 24 hours after the incident offering to assist in 'whatever way they could' and asking had I signed up to any other lawyers. You could sense the dissapointment when I told them I had.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The police came to take a statement tonight regarding my accident four weeks ago. They told me the driver's being charged with driving without due care and attention,but if he pleads not guilty he could face dangerous driving charges. Apparently the driver was trying to deny cutting across my path,and his passenger got out the car after the collision and went across the road where some of his mates were to laugh and joke with them and take pictures of me being led into the ambulance!:angry: The police also told me the driver had been pulled up many times before and been made to take a speed awareness course. What a #!@t this boy racer is!!

Top Bottom