Hiya another new user from south wales!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sparrow101

catalan chris said:
If you go on the Forest of Dean website there might be some places left (it's coming up soon). As for the Dragon later in the Spring, that sold out within days of the website going live last December. You need to plan ahead for the Dragon - make it a target for next year!

i've already signed up for the dragon ride. is the forest of dean difficult? does it have steep or long steady climbs

Extract from the website: 85 miles of the most varied terrain available with three mile climbs followed by 25% walls

I know when I picked it out i thought it would be a good test before the Dragon - obviously not as long or as much total climb but a test (and let's face it, if you can't do this one you're gonna be b*ggered on the Dragon!!)

lukesdad

Sparrow heres a few; Pressili Angel may 85 miles May
Tour of Pembrokeshire 115 miles June
Merlin ride 104 miles July
Autumn; Trans Cambrian 85 miles
Then the 2 big ones Tour of the Black mountains And the Autumn Epic both not to far from you.

OP
OP
G

gavinj

Looks like I started a conversation lol!
But yeah its been a few days of nice weather and decided to take the bike out for a try, and it almost killed me getting up the smallest of hills. Took me most of yesterday afternoon to recover and my legs were still like jelly for a bit!

Top Bottom