Hiya another new user from south wales!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavinj

Well since this is the hello section I thought I woud say hi, looks to be a good site so far!

Ive recently aquired a b-twin bike (I dont know the type and model number other than it says 'odesa' and has '7 on the logo, and have been looking online for basic advice and have found this site very helpful.

The day I obtained it I found myself struggling like crazy to get uphill - seems that gears have changed a lot since I last rode a bike (a chopper 18 years ago). Ive yet to try out the advice posted in the various topics since the weather has been so dismal and ive been looking for a break in the weather to get it out and try it!

In the meantime ive been fiddling with lights ive bought from wilkinsons and a 'cycle' computer which i think ive successfully fitted!

I am now looking online at cycle routes (traffic free hopefully) and perhaps getting a gps to work on my phone, i do also have a pocket pc with memory map and I have a small bluetooth gps reciever. My phone is a samsung get which has built in gps so i have an option for that too =)

bauldbairn

Welcome to the Cycle Chat forums gavinj. ;)

Good luck with the cycling - things will get easier(including hills) when the weather eventually picks up.

lukesdad

Between the Towey and the Teifi of course! but I work on the Gower. Im avery lucky boy( well thats what Lukesmum says):tongue:

sparrow101 said:
i've only found one the dragon ride

If you're interested, check out the AUDAX UK web-site. There's a number of rides around the cardiff/brecons/black mountains areas at various times thro' out the year.

For sortives in particular, there's also the upcoming 'Forest of Dean Spring Classic' - admittedly just across the border for you and they have got 6 fingers up in the forest - but should be within your reach.

sparrow101

catalan chris said:
If you're interested, check out the AUDAX UK web-site. There's a number of rides around the cardiff/brecons/black mountains areas at various times thro' out the year.

For sortives in particular, there's also the upcoming 'Forest of Dean Spring Classic' - admittedly just across the border for you and they have got 6 fingers up in the forest - but should be within your reach.

forest of dean is probably closer to me than the dragon ride

sparrow101 said:
forest of dean is probably closer to me than the dragon ride

If you go on the Forest of Dean website there might be some places left (it's coming up soon). As for the Dragon later in the Spring, that sold out within days of the website going live last December. You need to plan ahead for the Dragon - make it a target for next year!

stevo

gavinj said:
Well since this is the hello section I thought I woud say hi, looks to be a good site so far!

Ive recently aquired a b-twin bike (I dont know the type and model number other than it says 'odesa' and has '7 on the logo, and have been looking online for basic advice and have found this site very helpful.

The day I obtained it I found myself struggling like crazy to get uphill - seems that gears have changed a lot since I last rode a bike (a chopper 18 years ago). Ive yet to try out the advice posted in the various topics since the weather has been so dismal and ive been looking for a break in the weather to get it out and try it!

In the meantime ive been fiddling with lights ive bought from wilkinsons and a 'cycle' computer which i think ive successfully fitted!

I am now looking online at cycle routes (traffic free hopefully) and perhaps getting a gps to work on my phone, i do also have a pocket pc with memory map and I have a small bluetooth gps reciever. My phone is a samsung get which has built in gps so i have an option for that too =)
Hi and welcome to cc GAVINI you will get all the help you need on this forum.
really friendly people on ere.:welcome:

Top Bottom