hiya from south manchester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
deggers

deggers

I also use all the lanes round Macclesfield, Mobberley, Knutsford, Bollington and Holmes Chapel. You can easily do 30-40 miles incorpoating some short sharp climbs without tackling Pott Shrigley and the Cat & Fiddle. If I lived where you do I would put the bike in or on the car and drive into Cheshire and begin your ride from there. There are many laybys which are ok to leave the car for 2-3 hours. I have done this myself if I want to cycle in a different area. The fun and enjoyment is in the countryside not in the urban areas. Don't let anyone tell you Cheshire is flat. I cycled up towards Rainow and onto Kerridge yesterday and the view over the Cheshire Plains was spellbounding. If you spot a black Carrera Vanquish on the roads it will probably be me. Your CC t-shirts is a good idea

cheers mate, a good suggestion!. have set off from new mills before and gone to castleton etc. Unfortunately have a peugeout 106 courtesy car at the min so cant get the bike in!. I'll keep an eye out for you!. i'll be the one on a cube aerial with a red face!

OP
OP
deggers

deggers

I must say the group ride went very well and we all had a good day in the sun,hope you can have a trip out next time.Might have a nice relaxed ride round the Cheshire flats next week after all those bloody hills from today !

good stuff-glad you enjoyed it mate!. route sounded pretty hardcore!. would like to come along to the next one if you would mind giving us a shout.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
good stuff-glad you enjoyed it mate!. route sounded pretty hardcore!. would like to come along to the next one if you would mind giving us a shout.

You will be more than welcome,the forum members are brilliant and i really look forward to the next ride even with big hills ! No one is left behind !!!

OP
OP
deggers

deggers

nah, have a go, see what you think, have 2 goes, 3! No pressure :thumbsup:

thanks for the heads up-I went along and head a great time!.

a_n_t

Good stuff, heard there were quite a few out on the intro ride? I was out on the Saturday taking a beating on the chaingang :biggrin:

OP
OP
deggers

deggers

Good stuff, heard there were quite a few out on the intro ride? I was out on the Saturday taking a beating on the chaingang :biggrin:

yeh-bout 20 i'd say. somehow dwindled to 4 by the time i arrived back! (think there were quite a few still to come in to be fair). there were some good roads. bit mad riding in a tightish group also. good fun. Someone was telling me about the chain gang-sounds hardcore! maybe one day!

Top Bottom