HMRC Login Problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I've been trying in vain to file my tax return for the last hour or so. The site just keeps sending me round in circles taking me back to the login screen every time after accepting my details and I've had to give up for the night. Anyone else had problems, or heard of any?

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Fine a few weeks ago. It’s always a pain as I only log in once a year and normally something has changed so I have to get my new passwords etc. Or I forget what I’m doing due to new layouts.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Dunno, but apparently there were thousands of people filing their returns on Christmas day (according to Radcliffe & Maconie!) so it must've been working then.

If there is a problem it's possible that the IT team are on holiday for a day or two so might not be able to fix it in a hurry.

If your getting sent round in a circle usually a sign of IT problems in the back end. Try again in a day or so and not on a evening when the volume tends to spike due to people submitting at the end of the working day.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
It was working last night when I did mine.

Potentially, because tomorrow's the last day for adding payments to next year's PAYE, the system is over-whelmed?

OP
OP
Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Sorted. I finally found someone at HMRC who'd answer the phone, and highly efficient she was too. For whatever reason the ID I'd had since 2004 was logging me onto the PAYE section, the new one she emailed worked straight away.

Top Bottom