Holding onto people's cars - do you do it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
What specific posts, or parts thereof, do you regard as misbehaviour? (serious question)

I was wondering that, the thread seems to have progressed exactly as expected with the responses to the 'touch my car and you're dead' brigade seemingly in keeping with that concept.

The script is familiar, justify over reaction with some victim blaming. I have to keep reminding myself that we're talking touching here not damaging.

By the way anyone is free to lean on my car any time they feel like it, though you may have to clean up the bit you want to lean on first.

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
Apart from the absence of caffeine, that still counts as proper tea.

Proper tea is theft, so no rooibus!

There is a clear moral line to be drawn here.
Nonesense!

Rooibos: Aspalathus linearis.
"proper" tea: Camelia Sinensis.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
This is not fair... it's not as if I suggested using the rooves of cars as rests for tea cups.

Wait a moment.... Is that the germ of a novel concept?

I think I just found a use for car rooves in traffic jams!

Not my car of course. Anyone who puts their tea down on my roof can expect....

Oops! I think my car just ran over my dogma. Or something.
Does your car not have cup holders then?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I was wondering that, the thread seems to have progressed exactly as expected with the responses to the 'touch my car and you're dead' brigade seemingly in keeping with that concept.

The script is familiar, justify over reaction with some victim blaming. I have to keep reminding myself that we're talking touching here not damaging.

By the way anyone is free to lean on my car any time they feel like it, though you may have to clean up the bit you want to lean on first.
Lean on my car any time boys and girls. It is in three pieces on the back lot of East Grinstead Fire Station.

Well now we're onto a serious subject!

It's Earl Grey sometimes in the day and Camomile in the evenings for me. But not forgetting some nice PG to wake up to in the mornings.

As with anything in newsgroups, no-one can hear the tone of your voice or see the expression on your face. How many think of a person stood in front of them when they post?
It's easy to fall into a flame war.

As for my old car - be careful if you lean on it, another bit may fall off.

You can lean on my car. Just be aware of my warped humour and don't go to lean on the window because it goes down pretty quick when I press the button :whistle:

You can't lean on my wife's car though: The panels are made of some kind of hardened Edam.

You can lean on my car. Just be aware of my warped humour and don't go to lean on the window because it goes down pretty quick when I press the button :whistle:

You can't lean on my wife's car though: The panels are made of some kind of hardened Edam.

The only cars made of Edam are Dafs and (after the takeover) the Volvo 340/360 series. I have this on good authority.

OT: I was once told that Edam is made backwards. Curious about how this might be possible, I went to Amsterdam to investigate. Apparently it was a joke. The production process differs very little from that used for most hard, European cheeses. It was not a very funny joke and my expenses on the investigative trip were considerable.

I only lean on buses (which we pay for through taxes), trucks, lorries... I do sometimes lean on those little taxi bikes in London and we have a laugh about them pulling me along. I would never chill on a person's car, though. People in London are so hostile about touching one's car, even though they have bird shoot and all sorts on it. lol

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
The only cars made of Edam are Dafs and (after the takeover) the Volvo 340/360 series. I have this on good authority.

OT: I was once told that Edam is made backwards. Curious about how this might be possible, I went to Amsterdam to investigate. Apparently it was a joke. The production process differs very little from that used for most hard, European cheeses. It was not a very funny joke and my expenses on the investigative trip were considerable.
So you were pretty cheesed off, I take it?

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, bloody cyclists!!!
wash-me.jpg

Top Bottom