Holding onto people's cars - do you do it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
1791800 said:
Agreed, as in if someone chooses to clutter up the road with their car without any clear necessity I might lean on it if I feel like it.

haha, if this is the mentality of people on here then woo betide this site is shite.

1791813 said:
It seems a bit disproportionate to condemn Cycle Chat in its entirety because you don't agree with my opinion. Especially where this thread shows that to be very much a minority viewpoint. Still your choice.

Try again, how you can condemn anything by asking a rhetorical question I'm not quite sure.

What I am sure of though is that viewing other road users as ''clutter'' is simply daft beyond belief.

As for the minority viewpoint, I doubt it. However fell free with your little clique to come up with some more dead pan scenarios that have no bearing on the OP what so ever, therefore have no relevence.

Jezston

Über Member
Try again, how you can condemn anything by asking a rhetorical question I'm not quite sure.

What I am sure of though is that viewing other road users as ''clutter'' is simply daft beyond belief.

As for the minority viewpoint, I doubt it. However fell free with your little clique to come up with some more dead pan scenarios that have no bearing on the OP what so ever, therefore have no relevence.

what

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
In the 60's the roads of my home town, a new town designed post war with extensive cycle use in mind, were largely free of cars and a cyclist's paradise, attested to the 1000's who cycled everyday to the local industrial estate.

Today the roads of my home town are completely clogged at peak time by cars and it is a cyclists vision of hell, attested by the tiny numbers of people who ride anywhere. It is also a car drivers vision of hell attested by the 1000's of cars, the vast majority in single occupancy, trying to get into the same industrial estate.

Same roads. Same journeys. Same destinations. Only thing that has changed is the clutter on the roads aka 'traffic'.

In the 60's the roads of my home town, a new town designed post war with extensive cycle use in mind, were largely free of cars and a cyclist's paradise, attested to the 1000's who cycled everyday to the local industrial estate.

Today the roads of my home town are completely clogged at peak time by cars and it is a cyclists vision of hell, attested by the tiny numbers of people who ride anywhere. It is also a car drivers vision of hell attested by the 1000's of cars, the vast majority in single occupancy, trying to get into the same industrial estate.

Same roads. Same journeys. Same destinations. Only thing that has changed is the clutter on the roads aka 'traffic'.

What's your point? Apart from being stuck in the past.

I notice that my post from Friday was not seized upon as a means of settling the question :smile:

In these forums there are viewpoints that are extremes apart. Some people really cannot understand any justification for someone living the way they do.
The challenge is for us to have the debate, and just try not to be too insulted by what others say.

For my part, I don't want anyone leaning on my car, but having watched family die from cancer, suffer alzheimers, and myself live through suicidal depression, I know there's worse things in this world than a little finger juice on a wing.
The fact that some on here would rather see me dead or debilitated for owning a BMW is by the by. It's their life. It's their prejudice. I'm happy with who I am and bear them no malice.
Lean on it if it makes you feel better.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
The fact that some on here would rather see me dead or debilitated for owning a BMW is by the by.

Splendid rhetoric. Terrific hyperbole. Any evidence to support your assertion?

Out of interest how many folk ended up dead or debilitated as a result of road traffic 'accidents' last year?

Look what you started Snapper.

Splendid rhetoric. Terrific hyperbole. Any evidence to support your assertion?

Out of interest how many folk ended up dead or debilitated as a result of road traffic 'accidents' last year?

Pot, kettle, black. I don't think you, Adrian or Claude can ''back up'' any of your assertions. Or can you? That is your exercise for today Greg. I'll be back on tom at 1200hrs to check.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Pot, kettle, black. I don't think you, Adrian or Claude can ''back up'' any of your assertions. Or can you? That is your exercise for today Greg. I'll be back on tom at 1200hrs to check.

So many assertions, so little time. All can be 'backed up', but that rather misses the point. But then you've a habit of doing that.

Top Bottom