Holdsworth-Campagnolo 1976

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
H

Have some self control man! The love between a man and his bike is perfectly natural! But if you covet someone else's ride......
No not the bike .... my bank account!

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Having saw the pictures,it's a keeper.
That should come up a treat with a bit of elbow grease,and voila,you have a classic, great looking and perfectly useable bike.
The envy of many a person on this thread by the looks of it ^_^^_^
I hope they get in the queue behind me ....

Holdsworths's do attract more than their fair share of interest, many are nothing special really but make people of a certain age misty eyed as the bike of their dreams when they were kids, along with Carltons, certain Raleighs and Italian Exotica. A 'Professional' in such original condition with full Campag is certainly worth looking after especially as your Dad was its previous owner.
My '82 Elan is pretty average, it's comfortable, a joy to ride, goes quite well but gets really lairy over 40mph! But an awful lot of people stop me to ask about it.
If I had the cash I'd completely restore my late 50s 531 Plain gauge Holdsworth as the Lugwork is beautiful .... one day.
So yes, I'm a fan and would certainly like to own more.

Holds after FNRttC May 2014.JPG

IMG_0173.JPG

I'm not surprised they attract attention @Fab Foodie ,as they look solid with great detailing.
I really hope this fella puts in the work on it,as I have the feeling he doesn't quite know what he has there.
And I mean that in the nicest possible way :thumbsup:
I suppose all he needs to do is guage his dads reaction ^_^

Edit-Just saw yours,very nice.
Nice craftmanship there

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stevec047

Stevec047

Über Member
Yeah just speaking to my dad it is pretty obvious how fond of the bike he is. Not just because of how much money he spent on it but also when he used to compete how different the bike felt and how much more he could give.

It has a special something for me too as it has always been hung up in the many garages we have had whilst I was growing up and only now have I learnt what it is and why it means so much to him.

Personally I would love to get it road worthy cleaned up and hopefully get to ride it as it was meant to be ridden.

I have always had a thing for classic cars and machinery so to be able to work on a classic is quite exciting.

OP
OP
Stevec047

Stevec047

Über Member
I'm not surprised they attract attention @Fab Foodie ,as they look solid with great detailing.
I really hope this fella puts in the work on it,as I have the feeling he doesn't quite know what he has there.
And I mean that in the nicest possible way :thumbsup:
I suppose all he needs to do is guage his dads reaction ^_^

Edit-Just saw yours,very nice.
Nice craftmanship there
Oh I have a good idea and just speaking to dad about it makes me realise how special it is not just in terms of its heritage but from a personal aspect.

OP
OP
Stevec047

Stevec047

Über Member
I hope they get in the queue behind me ....

Holdsworths's do attract more than their fair share of interest, many are nothing special really but make people of a certain age misty eyed as the bike of their dreams when they were kids, along with Carltons, certain Raleighs and Italian Exotica. A 'Professional' in such original condition with full Campag is certainly worth looking after especially as your Dad was its previous owner.
My '82 Elan is pretty average, it's comfortable, a joy to ride, goes quite well but gets really lairy over 40mph! But an awful lot of people stop me to ask about it.
If I had the cash I'd completely restore my late 50s 531 Plain gauge Holdsworth as the Lugwork is beautiful .... one day.
So yes, I'm a fan and would certainly like to own more.

View attachment 112128

View attachment 112130
The more I see these old Holdsworth bikes the more I love them. It's the little details that you very rarely see on modem bikes. Yours is very nice I quite like the patina of regular use. That's what bikes are for.

OP
OP
Stevec047

Stevec047

Über Member
Having moved back into my parents recently after splitting with my partner I will be looking to get myself a little 1 bed flat so one bike may live in the lounge 2 bikes well I may have to get clever with some form of ceiling hooks and hoists. 3 bikes well that's just been greedy....

Top Bottom