Holiday in Saint-Sulpice-les-Feuilles, France - Stuff to do

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tom B

Guru
We have just booked a summer holiday house rental in Saint-Sulpice-les-Feuilles France.
There will be 4 adults and 6 kids going, kids will be aged 11, 8 , 7, 6, 3 and 9months.

I say "we" have booked, Mrs B and the Sister in Law booked it! I dont know much about this area of France and was wondering if anyone has any idea what the cycling is like or can recommend any places to have a cycle out to from Saint-Sulpice-les-Feuilles?

I might even take a little tent and have a mini 1 night tour if there is a suitable destination within 75miles. - if the SIL can be persuaded to mind our spawn i might even take Mrs B on her first cyclocamp.

Finally can anyone give me any feedback on the IGN Bleue maps such as
https://dash4it.co.uk/ign-top-25-bleue-st-sulpice-les-feuilles.html
Ideally a picture of an actual map

#mods feel free to move this thread.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I have just had a look on Ride with GPS and no cycle paths are marked for the area, but that doesnt mean much. Its a very rural area with lots of small roads to explore.

Alex H

Legendary Member
Picture below is a composite of 3 IGN map that cover that area (the old series 1km is 1cm)

The red line in the middle is your destination.

Although we lived in the Haute Vienne for a number of years, we haven't cycled that part.

To the north is the Brenne National Park, which is flat and full of lakes - a birdwatchers paradise.

To the east the valley of the Creuse

To the south the lake at Saint Pardoux (I have cycled this bit)

It depends what you want from your cycling, quiet roads, small villages, no large towns, some challenging hills and an awful lot of trees (slowly decreasing to the north) then you'll be fine.

DS.jpg

OP
OP
Tom B

Tom B

Guru
I have just had a look on Ride with GPS and no cycle paths are marked for the area, but that doesnt mean much. Its a very rural area with lots of small roads to explore.

Ah I'd forgotten about ride with GPS!

Picture below is a composite of 3 IGN map that cover that area (the old series 1km is 1cm)

The red line in the middle is your destination.

Although we lived in the Haute Vienne for a number of years, we haven't cycled that part.

To the north is the Brenne National Park, which is flat and full of lakes - a birdwatchers paradise.

To the east the valley of the Creuse

To the south the lake at Saint Pardoux (I have cycled this bit)

It depends what you want from your cycling, quiet roads, small villages, no large towns, some challenging hills and an awful lot of trees (slowly decreasing to the north) then you'll be fine.

View attachment 393571

It sounds like my sort of place...

I just need to figure out how to say it...

Saint sull-peace leh fools? (in broad Boltonian accent)? Anywhere near - I did badly gcse German!?

Thankyou for the map I've ordered one!

Last edited:

Alex H

Legendary Member
Ah I'd forgotten about ride with GPS!

It sounds like my sort of place...

I just need to figure out how to say it...

Saint sull-peace leh fools? (in broad Boltonian accent)? Anywhere near - I did badly gcse German!?
Thankyou for the map I've ordered one!

Put it into google translate - theres a little speaker icon that will say it for you

Top Bottom