Holiday suggestions, Greece

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
But is there stuff to do other than sit in the sun? Proper sightseeing

Also still quite a long flight, as an example, I can't sit at a desk for an hour comfortably with legs stretched out at the moment :sad:

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Ok,..resurrecting my own thread...reconsidering Greece for 10/11 nights in September. Looking to spend around £500-600 for a b&b hotel package

Kefalonia
Rhodes
Crete
...seemed to get all the votes in 2015

Suggestions for resorts, quietist but with decent restaurants and bars, a beach and transport to other places much appreciated :smile: Kefalonia appeals to me but my pal might like the others for the old stones to visit

Renmurew

Veteran
We went to Crete in September last year, for 7 nights. Flew into Heraklion and stayed in Hersonissos. Nice sized town, got some beaches, plenty of options for eating, lots of buses going all over the island and a great free pool area right in the middle of the town, just set back from the beach. We paid £300 per person for flights and hotel. We stayed at Korifi Studios apartments. Its at the top of a hill about a 1k walk down to the main town. We loved the walk each day. Various restaurants and bars at the top of the hill to mean we could eat in a different restaurant each night. Had a fantastic holiday. Good luck looking.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
We went to Crete in September last year, for 7 nights. Flew into Heraklion and stayed in Hersonissos. Nice sized town, got some beaches, plenty of options for eating, lots of buses going all over the island and a great free pool area right in the middle of the town, just set back from the beach. We paid £300 per person for flights and hotel. We stayed at Korifi Studios apartments. Its at the top of a hill about a 1k walk down to the main town. We loved the walk each day. Various restaurants and bars at the top of the hill to mean we could eat in a different restaurant each night. Had a fantastic holiday. Good luck looking.
Thanks...question on the hill down...is it very steep as I have a knackered knee that intensely dislikes downhill slopes and not keen on ups either! :blush:

Renmurew

Veteran
Thanks...question on the hill down...is it very steep as I have a knackered knee that intensely dislikes downhill slopes and not keen on ups either! :blush:

Hi there, it was pretty steep I guess, I certainly would not have liked to cycle up it! lol However it was nice to walk up and down each day. Probably took us about 20-30 mins depending on the direction. There was a pool bar that is open to the public about 2/3 of the way up and we often stopped off there for a swim, drink on the way back. The region at the top of the hill is Piskopiano if you are looking on a map. Plenty of accommodation at the bottom of the hill too so down in the main part of town. The main road through the town is probably at least a mile long and full of shops/bars/restaurants.

We got a taxi from the airport when we arrived, took about 30 mins if i remember correctly. We took the bus back and spent the day in Heraklion as we dont tend to travel with much luggage so were happy to walk around the city.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
So did you go last time @vickster? Will your knee cope with a three hour flight?
Nope didn't go, ended up going to Asia instead I think :laugh:

I should be ok, managed 10 hours to / from Mexico a couple of months ago. I might pay for legroom seats but hopefully the knee will be better generally (I just know it doesn't like steep slopes due to the nature of the unfixable damage)

I've also got a 2-2.5 hour flight in June, albeit I've gone for business class for that one

Adam4868

Guru
It's quite a few years ago but me and Mrs Adam went to Skiathos,without kids ! It was a lovely holiday,always wanted to go back but never got round to it.Peaceful island and lovely food.

Top Bottom